Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 vs. Model 6 neck?

Hey gang,

Can any of you guys that have head the pleasure of playing both a Model 4 & Model 6 compare the necks? And how would those compare to a later 650 XL? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Giles

Re: Model 4 vs. Model 6 neck?

The Model 4 I had for a short while was a little slimmer than my 650xl. My 650xl has the neck that I compare to all other guitars I buy. It is by far the most comfortable. If all my guitars had that neck, I could be completely satisfied.

Comment

I felt a model 6's neck to be a little thicker than a model 4's. Maybe it was just due to the paint. Both are very comfortable. Now that I prefer slightly bigger necks, I may go towards a model 6 more though.

Comment

<font color="aqua">unfortunately it's hard to say as the necks had changed between those models. I've had 3 Model 6's and 3 Model 4's. The 4's were all the same and I think I had an 86,87, and an 88. On the other hand, I had 1 86 and 2 88 Model 6's and they were all different from each other with the neck on the 86 Model 6 being the thinnest of them all. </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I am so not a fan of my model 4's neck. Weird, I never play it anymore. I much more prefer my 475 neck. Seems a lot different.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I am so not a fan of my model 4's neck. Weird, I never play it anymore. I much more prefer my 475 neck. Seems a lot different.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Definitely, the 475 has a fantastic neck! [I wonder if they're all the same?]. </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I know a guy who would love to buy that, he used to be in the band Helstar...

Comment

I like the mod 6 neck better, but I'm more into neck-thru's right now.

Comment

Working...
                X