Model A neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A neck?

I've got my eye on a nice Model A. Can anyone tell me what the neck profile is like on these guitars compared to say an '86 Model 4 or Model 6? Is it thin & fairly flat?

Are there any catalog scans from 2002 that would have more details on these?

Thanks for any info y'all can provide!

Re: Model A neck?

Model a neck is super thin with thick ebony.

Comment

WAY thin and watch out for those pickups !!! They need to be chained to the floor !!!! HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!! No Neil Young with those...more like you could use them for safe cracking !!!

Check out mine !!! Model A with friends !!!

Comment

Come on guys, I'm finally getting some space cleared on my guitar rack. Don't get my G.A.S. started again! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I've heard that the LiveWire metal PUs are not very subtle. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So how does the Model A compare to your other guitars? Nice collection btw!

[ QUOTE ]
          WAY thin and watch out for those pickups !!! They need to be chained to the floor !!!! HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!! No Neil Young with those...more like you could use them for safe cracking !!!

Check out mine !!! Model A with friends !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Very thin neck....

Comment

I think i have a model A, but i may be wrong....pretty much the same guitar as in the pic, but it is H/S/S and a natural finish. If its the same guitar then i have to say i love the neck.
              www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

if its\' H/S/S it\'s probably an A+ Model

my son has one, I liked it enough I got a tranditional model with hot rails and cool rails a few months back. Only guitar ive played recently, as the others just hang on the rack now.

Comment

Re: if its\' H/S/S it\'s probably an A+ Model

Thanks for all the replies! I let this one go, but will keep my eye out for the Model A Plus with the HSS Duncan combo. I think the LiveWires may be a bit too much for me.

Comment

Is the Model A made in Japan? It's one of my favorite Charvel guitars. I was really close on getting one, a natural with LiveWires. And god I wish I had bought that guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                    -Janne

Comment

If you keep the Live Wire's as low as possible (flush to the body) they are not to bad.

Just screw em down and they are about the same as a Dimarzio Super III.

I love mine, great top, incredible player.

Remember these were sold new for $1200.

Comment

Yes they were MIJ.

Comment

The one I was looking at was identical to the one on the left of Van's nice shot. I love the natural quilt. I'll keep looking!

Just curious Van...if you screw the LWs all the way down, can you get a decent clean tone, especially from the neck? Or is that just asking too much from these bad boys?

Comment

Yeah Giles you can get a pretty decent clean tone that way.

My only complaint about these guitars is that you could'nt get a clean tone from it.

I was about to swap pickups in mine. I bought new pickups and everything. Then I had this bright idea of lowering the pickups(duh).

Now I'm going to leave them in.

Comment

Just got the exact same natural Model A off ebay. Should be here this Friday. I can't wait!!
                              Good deals with:
                              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Working...
                              X