Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Model 3A finally arrived! Pictures are posted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Model 3A finally arrived! Pictures are post

Carbuff,

Is that an OFR that I see?

While I did manage to recieve an original JT-6 arm from the seller (boy do they bend easy-is that soft brass?)I still do not like the feel of it (nor the tone) and am hoping to score an OFR or Schaller.

As for pups I think that the Duncan '59 and Jazz that I purchased should be a great combination in that guitar. The fancy 5-way with coil split is to be swapped out for a simple 3-way.

There is something so addictive about those old Japanese Model series eh?

Gotta score another Model 2 as well!

Comment

I picked up a red Model 3A today myself.

Price tag said 23800 yen ($208), but I talked the guy down to 20000 yen even ($175).

As my main guitar is a blue Model 3A body with a Jackson dinky neck, my wife wanted to know how come I wanted two of the same guitars...

All I could say was,

"But honey, this guitar was a STEAL!!!"
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Pictures!!!!!!

Congratulations on a sweet guitar!

We need a thread on excuses that can be given to the wife/girlfriend when another guitar is purchased.

Comment

I posted a few photos in here:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...1AZsXDJk3YsXHg

I'm thinking about keeping the Jackson pickups, at least for a little while.

Thanks Ninja! Congratulations to you too!

The guy that I bought the guitar from was being pressured by HIS wife to get rid of his guitars. One man's misfortune is another man's Charvel [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EDIT: Couldn't include pic in my post, added Shutterfly Album URL instead.
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Carbuff,

Is that an OFR that I see?

While I did manage to recieve an original JT-6 arm from the seller (boy do they bend easy-is that soft brass?)I still do not like the feel of it (nor the tone) and am hoping to score an OFR or Schaller.

As for pups I think that the Duncan '59 and Jazz that I purchased should be a great combination in that guitar. The fancy 5-way with coil split is to be swapped out for a simple 3-way.

There is something so addictive about those old Japanese Model series eh?

Gotta score another Model 2 as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its more like an OFR II. Its single locking too. Shhh, dont tell anyone. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The neck on this thing is perfect for me but Im still not sure about pickups. It had some cheap-ass zebra humbuckers in it and they sounded ok, I switched out to the dimarzios, tone zone and super 2, but its too noisy now. Ive got a j90c or a super distortion that I will be putting in the bridge but I havent made up my mind about which one to use yet. I have the 5-way set up as a 3-way at the moment too. I will probably replace it with a 3-way. I wish it had a normal LP style toggle instead of the blade. I cant bring myself to drill a big hole in the body for one though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm maybe going to buy a model 3A very soon (my first Charvel). What pickups do those originally have? Is the bridge recessed or not? What is the bridge, a schaller?
              Here's a picture of that one I'm talking about: http://tuskan.huuto.net/auctionimage...6113d-orig.jpg
              Is it worth buying?

Comment

The pickups are J-80's and the bridge is a Jackson version of the Floyd called the JT-6 and it does not sit recessed but there is a bit of pull back due to the neck angle.

Among my favorite of the Model series guitars due to the blade switch (and not those annoying on/off switches)and the twin (non pickguard mounted) humbuckers.

Swapping the original pups and installing a better trem like an original Floyd or even a Schaller and you have a killer guitar!

Good luck on your purchase!

Comment

Ok, thank you for the quick answer. But some offtopic, which one would you buy, that model 3 or a Jackson JSX-94? Both are quite old and made in Japan. Jackson has H-S-S (those pickups without the cover). I could get anyone of those easily, but not both, because I don't have the money [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

And a picture of the Jackson: http://tuskan.huuto.net/auctionimage...1c964-orig.jpg
                    It's blue even it doesn't seem to be.

Comment

I would be a little more partial to a Model 3 but to each his own no?

Comment

I would go with the model 3, especially that white one. Does that Jackson have a thin body? It looks like the same thickness as my stealth. Or maybe its just the camera angle. Oh, what the heck, just get both, I mean really, you gotta have priorities, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

There you go!

Buy the Model 3 and place a deposit on the Jackson if you can!

Comment

I just can't buy both of them, I'm a poor student just looking for a good and cheap guitar which is nice to play :/ But one more question just to make sure. Is the model 3 scale length 25.5" or what? If it's something else than 25.5", then I have to buy that Jackson...

Comment

25.5 for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X