Hello,
    i am looking for the wiring diagram for an Jackson Charvel Model 4 can
    someone please help me ??
    This would realy help me a lot!!!

Thanks very much
    paradox (Holland)

Re: need Help for Charvel Model 4

hey man, welcome aboard first. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    do you still have the active circuit for your model 4?
    it should come with the JE1200 midboost system a J50BC hum and two J200s stacked hums if everything is still stock.
    your controls should be a volume, one tone, the midboost-control and a 5way switch if I recall correctly.
    if that's the case and you still have every parts together you should easily be able to follow the wiring instructions in the users manual page 18. you'll find this in the tech Q&A forum in a sticky post. use the upper diagram.

if you want to modify your system I'd probably try a visit at the seymour duncan homepage. they have quite a lot of wiring diagrams there and the wire-code of their PUs is identical to jacksons (or the other way round). you should be able to work with this.

///
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

<font color="aqua">just to clarify, micha is correct except the Model 4 had the 3 switches for pickup selection. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yes, welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I just looked up my answer for someone with the same question, so here's a quick copy/paste with a direct link to the diagrams Micha suggested:

The diagrams from the electronics manual show the wiring for the midboost system with a 5-way switch rather than the 3 mini-toggle switches, but they still may help you, at least with the boost circuit.

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J.../target19.html

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J.../target16.html

For the 3 mini-toggle setup, here is what I have in my Model 6: The white wire (A) goes to the middle lug of each of the toggles in series, starting with the nearest switch then jumpered to each of the others. A white wire goes from the middle lug of the 1st switch to the middle lug of the tone pot. The hot lead from each pickup goes the top lug of its own switch. The switches are grounded in series, then to the common ground. Hope this helps, I know a diagram would be better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          <font color="aqua">just to clarify, micha is correct except the Model 4 had the 3 switches for pickup selection. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

naaaa, damn!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] but I was close, wasn't I? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

naaaa, damn!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] but I was close, wasn't I? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">ahhh, no sweat, my friend, I still screw up all the time and mudkicker usually comes along and straightens my ass right out.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

Comment

maybe we should rename him "budkicker"? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Or Ron?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  maybe we should rename him "budkicker"? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">always sharp as a tack aren't you, my friend?!? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I do what I can [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X