Neck scale length on a Model 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck scale length on a Model 5?

Hello- I checked the catalog scan but it's not listed. What's the scale length of the neck on a model 5? Is it the same on the 22 fret Model series?
    Thanks
    Karl

Re: Neck scale length on a Model 5?

25.5". Short-scale models didn't appear until later with the Fusion & 750XL.

Comment

dg- thanks for the quick response. I've been eyeing a model 5, but ever since I got my fusion I'm really starting to prefer the shorter scale.
      karl

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        25.5". Short-scale models didn't appear until later with the Fusion & 750XL

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that include the Mod 6?
        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

yes
          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            25.5". Short-scale models didn't appear until later with the Fusion & 750XL

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that include the Mod 6?

[/ QUOTE ]
            no. short scale models didn't appear until later with the Fusion & 750XL......except for the Model 6. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

It seems to me on the fusions, older warriors with the shorter scale everything is crammed closer together, and the volume knob get's in the way, anyone else notice this?
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                It seems to me on the fusions, older warriors with the shorter scale everything is crammed closer together, and the volume knob get's in the way, anyone else notice this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello- yes, at least with my 24fret charvel fusion the upper frets are closer together, but since I have rather small hands and fingers it's not a problem. I could see how somebody with big meaty fingers would have trouble at 15th position and up.

As for the volume knob, all of my guitars that have them below the bridge pickup get in the way. Does anyone know if there's a pot available to replace the volume pot that has an extremely short stem so you could put a basically flat volume knob on? That would be great for my Fusion and my DKMG!
                karl

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the volume knob, all of my guitars that have them below the bridge pickup get in the way. Does anyone know if there's a pot available to replace the volume pot that has an extremely short stem so you could put a basically flat volume knob on? That would be great for my Fusion and my DKMG!
                  karl

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I've also always had the problem of the volume knob getting in the way, but I noticed that it isn't as severe on a guitar that has a TOM bridge or a non-recessed trem. Or better yet - non-recessed trem AND an archtop! That puts the knobs out of the way of my picking hand.

I think there are special shortshafted pots you can buy, but I'd guess that you could do that modification yourself with a dremel power tool (?).

Comment

Another solution to the problem: If the guitar has a tone control, swap it out for a concentric vol/tone, then you have the choice of leaving the original volume knob there as a dummy (if it only bothers you because you accidentally turn it down while playing) or removing it and covering the hole (if the knob actually bothers your picking hand). If you decide to cover the hole, some people use grommets, which I've seen in black, gold, chrome, etc. Works pretty well & doesn't look bad at all, imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X