New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hey all, I forgot about this import Charvel board. As you all know, these guitars are the best value out there for the time being. I see the 86-89 models going up soon because of the re-issues. I played a re-issue model one (it should be called a 2 because of the Floyd) that was about $1600. It was very nice and reminded me of my model 2, if model 2's are going for 250-350 (if they are in very good condition) then it didn't seem to me that a new one is $1200 better. I'd rather spend that $1200 on a bunch of old ones or maybe a new Wayne. Could someone tell me how to post pics? Thanks.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Re: New here

Posting pics - go to the non Jackson/Charvel section, there's a sticky post all about it.

The current Charvels are nothing like the model series. While some configurations are similar, the new ones are USA made.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Hey all, I forgot about this import Charvel board. As you all know, these guitars are the best value out there for the time being. I see the 86-89 models going up soon because of the re-issues. I played a re-issue model one (it should be called a 2 because of the Floyd) that was about $1600. It was very nice and reminded me of my model 2, if model 2's are going for 250-350 (if they are in very good condition) then it didn't seem to me that a new one is $1200 better. I'd rather spend that $1200 on a bunch of old ones or maybe a new Wayne. Could someone tell me how to post pics? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ] You and me both, kid. I am known for the "I would rather have 10 $120 guitars than 1 $1,200 guitar." Pay cheap and find one you really like instead of paying big bucks for one guitar that don't please you. That's my position on this board and I am sticking to it. And I am wearing my flak jacket. "More is always better." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I hear ya, I own several high end guitars and they are not THAT much better than my model 2. A kid today could buy a 86-88 Charvel, customize it and voila! And it will go up in value because they are so cheap right now. I'll figure out pics and post my gits. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Welcome aboard! This place is addicting and you will try to keep up with "who has the most toys". I can't argue with ya on the model series, so I'm going to leave it. My Model 2 weighs a ton, but I like the neck on that guitar.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

http://photos.yahoo.com/jcm800x

Hope this works.......pics

Comment

It works and welcome to the board. I think your right on with purchasing some older ones (as long as they're in decent shape).

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

photobucket.com works great for hosting and posting pics on a lot of boards (I spend some time on some sportscar boards too), it seems to work everywhere. You just copy/paste the lowest of the 3 possible links provided.

Comment

Thanks all, I spotted some 84-85 USA Charvels on ebay last night. They look good with BIN's under a grand. Locally I found a model 3 in rough shape, if anyone is interested it is located at Downtown Sounds in Northampton, Ma. Off too play my Model 2!

Comment

Comment

New here

Welcome!

A wealth of knowledge and cool peeps on here.

I never really appreciated the "Japanese" Charvels. I was loyal only to the san dimas one's. However, I did play a few japanese one's during that time, and a few of them ripped. I've grown to appreciate them and can't stop searching/buying them! I will own two 3DR's(crackle and one black) a predator which I scored tonight and they play and feel terrific! They won't be my last that is for sure.

This is a deadly addictive hobby!!

Comment

Beautiful model 2 there! =)
                        I have a Model 6 in the same color.

Comment

Thanks man, plays awsome. I bought it as a closet classic. Not a mark, unplayed frets, Kahler works fine/stays in tune, tweed case with logo, original Kahler/Charvel tags/booklet. It really could be 1986 when you pick this up! I got quite a few high end guitars but these imports are very high quaility and very inexpensive so don't feel bad about collecting them!

Comment

Awesome! =)
                            It's so cool when you find an instrument that old that is virtually mint.

I was eyeing a 650XL in desert crackle for a while - it had just been laying in its case since it was new, and was totally original and minty. But...the store owner knew what he had, and as I was waiting for it to drop in price, someone snagged it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The problem with closet classics is the price but you get what you pay for. I paid too much (350) but I couldn't have got a better guitar for that. It was that mint, with Logo case! I plan to keep it 440 and use it for teaching and home practice(I keep my KE-1F 440 also). I have a Jackson custom shop(on the JUsa board) and a Journeyman tuned to C for the band.

Comment

Working...
                              X