pickguard for a Model 1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickguard for a Model 1A

I need a new pickguard for my Model 1A. Which ones will fit?
    Its an s/s/s traditional strat style and I want to convert the guitar to a single hum or a hum/sing.

Re: pickguard for a Model 1A

An 8 hole (strat) pickguard will work in any pickup configuration, since the 1a has a swimming pool route, I used an 11 hole strat pickguard on mine, since the pickguard covers the holes anyway.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Just remember that the rout on a 1a is rather shallow and has no cutouts for the "ears" of a humbucker. You may have to do a little work inside the rout for a humbucker unless its a "short" one. You will definately have to drill for the screws or cut them short, especially with the v-trem keeping the strings so low to the body. The model 3 OTOH, has a proper rout for humbuckers.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        An 8 hole (strat) pickguard will work in any pickup configuration, since the 1a has a swimming pool route, I used an 11 hole strat pickguard on mine, since the pickguard covers the holes anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaa it does? I found that Asian Strat replacement pickguards don't fit model 1as [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I want to get mine done by Budman since he has the template.
        I too want a H/S Strat pickguard with 2 pots and the 5 way. Tell me if it fits when you get it please? That'd help a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X