Help Identify A Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify A Charvel

I was looking at this Charvel on Ebay trying to figure out what it was when someone hit the BIN. I would still like to know what kind it was and what was it worth. Thanks

Re: Help Identify A Charvel

Looks like a Predator. I'd say maybe about $400.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought it looked like a Predator, but the JT-6 tremolo threw me off because I didn't think they came with toothpaste logo Charvels. I was thinking parts mutt all the way.

Comment

Pretty sure that's a first-year ('89) 275 Deluxe. They had the JT-6 & a full-size strat body that year. I think they just needed to use up the remaining JT-6 trems, so they put them on the lowest end model of the line until they were all gone. That was a good deal at $165, imo. Check the upper left of this catalog scan (click on it for high res):

'89 Classic Series

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I thought it looked like a Predator, but the JT-6 tremolo threw me off because I didn't think they came with toothpaste logo Charvels. I was thinking parts mutt all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Ah, for some reason I was thinking they had the toothpaste logo. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Now I'm confused.

Comment

Predators did have the toothpaste logo. They had this pickup layout, but a dinky body & reverse headstock. Lower right on this page:

Contemporary Series

Comment

Oh, cool. That's what I thought. I forgot about the reverse headstock, too.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was clueless on this one [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X