Bridge pickup for mod 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge pickup for mod 4

Anybody tried a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge position of a Mod 4. No doubt it's a high output pickup, would it be compatible with the mid boost circuitry or overkill in the output department.
    Thanks for any input

Re: Bridge pickup for mod 4

It should be compatible with the circuit. I haven't tried the Evolution, but I recently put a Duncan Custom & Hot Rails in my Model 6 and they work fine with it. The only thing I've noticed is that the midboost effect seems more subtle with the Duncans (especially the Custom) than it was with the Jackson pickups. It definitely won't hurt anything to try it out. If you don't like it, you can always get rid of the midboost.

Comment

The Evo is pretty scooped I think, I've got one that I've had in 2 different guitars (a Boogie Bodies and,... another BB iirc), but neither with a mid boost. A mid boost might even out the EQ quite a bit. I think they're splittable, that could be pretty cool to have coil-tap and mid boost.

Comment

Yeah they're 4 wire, so there split-able easy enough, just have to throw in a mini toggle on/on switch, the schematics available on the Dimarzio website.

Comment

Working...
        X