750XL pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750XL pickups

Well, I have said in earlier posts that I didn't like the stock pickups that came with the guitar. I used a Marshall 30th Anniversary (combo and also top with 4x12" cab) then and I still think it isn't a good combination working for me, but I played this guitar through a Fender Prosonic combo and I must say I like the pickups in this guitar. I must admit this guitar sounds good for jazz. I like the sound when using the clean channel.
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: 750XL pickups

Cleaner pickups sound great through a warm tube amp. My latest purchase, a 1977 LP Custom, has very weak pickups with no bass what-so-ever. But through my DSL100, I get a killer "Boy's are Back in Town" grind. Very growly and aggressive, with nothing to muddy it up. Also work great for a Slash tone, and old Def Leppard. Probably great for Journey as well, but I don't have one Journey CD / album.

Comment

Re: 750XL pickups

Gotta agree with you on the 750xl pickups. With distortion, they can sound great or weak depending on what amp you play through. I really love the clean sounds I get though. Position 4 on the switch [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X