I'm a Charvel owner again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Charvel owner again!!!

I just picked up a "like new" condition import Charvel Model 1 for $150. It is all intact and has all origional pickup, bridge, etc. It is missing the trem and control cavity plates as well as the bar. Otherwise it sounds killer! I will be dropping in a new Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion and a new 500K volume pot. It's finished in black and has all the standard Model 1 stuff such as the EVH one bucker-one volume setup, vintage trem, maple board, etc. I'm definately going to keep it. As is it looks like it has been in the inventory at Guitar Center for the past 20 years. Minor wear.......very minor. If anyone has a spare bar, trem and control plates shoot me an e-mail [email protected]

Sorry about pics. I have absolutely no way of posting one and nobody I can ask to do it for me.

I'm in my happy place now. I own 2 Jacksons and one Charvel. I have 2 one bucker guitars. I'm stoked! I remember back in November 2001 I stumbled onto this board wishing I could find a one bucker guitar and here I am almost 5 years later and I own 2!

Re: I\'m a Charvel owner again!!!

Congrats man! Charvel-dom! Hard to find a clean old one!

Comment

If you can't get a bar on this forum try:
      http://www.fretsonthenet.net/prices.htm

Comment

Thanx maxboost. I'll give er a try. This is the absolute BEST import Charvel I have ever played. Lately I've been getting more into V-trems than Floyds. I like the tuning versitility without having to unlock everything. This guitar will, IMO, sound great with a Seymour Duncan TB-6 in it. If any of you guys here have any suggestions I will make a new post.

Comment

Congrats! I have been freaking for the import charvels lately!

Comment

I am charvel owner again, too. I just purchased back by 475Deluxe that I sold over a year ago even though it was resold again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Congrats on your Model1

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I love this Model 1! Even with a very shitty attempt someone made at putting a Graphtech slot it yourself nut it still sounds killer!

Here in a couple weeks its getting a brand new nut job..........nutjob doesnt sound right. Hmmmmmmmmm. Anyway, I'm getting a Graphtech Tremnut and a set of Schaller locking tuners to start with. Later on down the road I'm gettin a 6 screw improved Wilkinson v-trem that has locking saddles. Basicaly I'll have a v-trem that I can use and it will stay in tune better than your regular old v-trem. I need a new 500k volume pot and last, but not least I will be dropping in a Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion humbucker. Basicaly my Model 1 will be set up like George Lynch's old school days guitars. I can't stand the Screamin Demon pickup. The name is very misleading IMO. He should have stuck with SD TB-6 Dist.

Another thing I want to do to my Model 1 is have GMW put the Warren DiMartini Skull and Blood graphic. That is absolutely my favorite graphic.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Another thing I want to do to my Model 1 is have GMW put the Warren DiMartini Skull and Blood graphic.

[/ QUOTE ]

For your graphic needs you can try Daneen. She just did one of mine at a very reasonable rate.

Here is her contact info:

Custom Paint by Daneen
                http://www.customairbrush.com

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

<font color="aqua">Congrats, Sarj, those things are killer for the money, enjoy her!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                  X