Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who else here is always looking for more guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who else here is always looking for more guitars?

Is it just me?, or are most of you guys always stopping in at stores looking for the next cool old guitar? I got my Predator all sorted out, it had been pretty neglected, but now it's a really great player, and now I find myself gassing for more Charvels, -I think I have a sickness... Are most of the Japanese built Charvels as good as the one I have? I'll have to post another pic now that it's all cleaned up.

Re: who else here is always looking for more guitars?

Most Jap Charvels are great guitars.I've had as many as 19 at one time.I generaly try to pick the best ones.If they are grimey but all there I will take them home clean it up and add to the collection.Sold off 11 to one collector several years ago.Unless they are beat real bad you can't loose with a Jap Charvel.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm surprised at how much beating they take too. They're just built like tanks.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Not me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Maybe one day I'll get a U.S. model, but for now, I'm extremely happy with my imports. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

The Model series imports are great guitars. (not to say that the script-logoed "Contemporary series" aren't, I just don't have too many of them) I own a lot of them and I plan on obtaining more and more as time goes on.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

who else here is always looking for more guita

I had a bid almost confirmed for aNOTHER model 3DR in blue...but really shouldn't buy any more guitars right now! I can't stop LOL this is nuts. And I have an addictive nature to start with!!!

A few pawn shops around here had some shoddy charvels. Glued on headstocks etc. I am fearful of stuff like that....but sooner or later, I'll find a diamond in the rough!

Comment

Re: who else here is always looking for more guita

I've gotten into the collector mentality. I play my guitars like crazy, but if I see a rare beauty I just can't pass it up anymore.

Comment

Re: who else here is always looking for more guit

For the past couple of months I've been in a guitar buying frenzy...

I bought a used Model 3A (red, to match the blue one that I already have), placed an order with the Jackson Stars Custom Shop, and bought a Grover Jackson Soloist.

As soon as my Jackson Stars Custom arrives, I will have

A USA Jackson
                  A Japanese Charvel
                  A Japanese Grover Jackson
                  A Japanese Jackson Stars

At which point I will have to stop buying more guitars, or else my wife will either kick me or the guitars out of the house.

The above list doesn't include my Fender nor my PRS, either...
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I got the bug, collection always changing. I have a couple of mainstays and the rest are always up and down.
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I only had a Ibanez 440 and a classical acoustic for years, then got a squier fat tele for work, then got a model 7, then got a dodgy model 1, then my wife got pregnant with twins and I will no longer be able to afford to even look at guitars

Comment

Ok I have a question. Am I the only one that just can't bring himself to spend more than $400-$500 for a guitar?? I know there is some difference between middle of the road and the high end instruments, but I'm not rich, and I'm not famous. I can afford a $2000 axe, but in my mind I just can't justify it. I don't know that I could do it even if I was rich and famous.

Guess I'm just a penny-pincher. On that note, I only paid $275 for my model 2 in pristine condition with the tweed case.

Edit - Oh and yes I am constantly looking for my next bargain axe!!

Comment

Xsentrick; I hear ya, there's so many great guitars out there for under $500. I do quite a bit of pawnshopping, and even with all the other guys who do pawning strictly for profit, there's so many great deals on US or Japanese built guitars. Getting a great deal on a cool guitar (or other piece of gear) is a rush, and I just can't stop looking for that next rush...

Comment

I agree, with stuff like the model series, and XL series floating around it gets hard to justify spending a lot of money when those guitars are so good for the price.

Comment

+1 on that jimbilly.I just bought a 90 L.P.studio $430.00 with the original protector case.While I was in that pawnshop I spotted an early Washburn A20(think quiet riot) neck thru with brass fret markers brass bridge cherry sunburst finish all original for $300.00.
                              So the deals are out there you just have to do a lot of looking.Flea markets are good places to find old jap L.P.copies for me anyway.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X