No announcement yet.

I am new, and just bought a Model 6 :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new, and just bought a Model 6 :-)

As the topic says, I'm new here, so hi all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just bought a Model 6 today, after a lot of friggin' hassle, and a terrible week before it. I bought a all black model 6 before I bought this one, and 5 days before I was gonna pick it up, a roadie dropped a speakerbox on the guitar, smashing it to bits, leaving me with...nothing -_-;; Then I found a model 6 which was modded, and trem blocked, and didn't have a toplock nut, and would quite frankly cost me craploads to get to a well enough state to play. And the seller for that guitar wanted more than 550 euro's for it...in that crappy state -_-;;

But anyhow, all is well now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I got this Model 6, which is one from 1986 (first series!) so it's got a Kahler flush mount on it, and the stock jackson pickups. It's in a near perfect state, barring that one of the pots cracks (which I can easily replace), and some scratches in the laquer. But enough talk, here are the pics!

http://www.gitaarmarkt.nl/index.php?...tails&id=54797

(copy and paste this link into your browsers web adress thingy. If the ad is no longer available, I'll use upload temple or something, just tell me if thats the case [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Re: I am new, and just bought a Model 6 :-)

The ad still comes up, that's NICE!!! Great score!
    I'd love/hate to see the pictures of the smashed one.

Comment

Nice fiddle, welcome aboard, you will gain much knowledge here from the many wise J/C gurus...unfortunately, I'm not one of them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

<font color="aqua">Beautiful 6 and welcome to the forum!! - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That's a fine looking guitar, welcome to the JCF [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The model 6's are great guitars... enjoy!

Comment

Yup, nice Model 6. And welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              -Janne

Comment

Nice one! Model 6's rule!!!!!!
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Model 6's rule!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Oh yeah! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a deep blue model 6 back when they first came out. My option was to keep it or trade for a jackson h-h- strat(Sorry, I bailed on the 6 and took the jackson) but I am in the hunt for another model 6 or soloist. I miss the feel and sound!

Welcome to the forum, and glad to have another charvel nut around!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Model 6, and remember that it's as good as a Jackson Soloist.

Comment

I have had one I bought used from a friend in '89. Still a great guitar!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

As Joe Walsh said: "Welcome to the club". And me too. This is a great place with "real" nice people. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

That one! Sweet guitar. Lots of interest over that in our area. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I almost pulled the trigger on that a long ways back, so consider yourself lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Very nice guitar! Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X