Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 Trem spacing

Hi,

I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything definite, If I missed it, sorry

I'm looking at Model 2s (on ebay), but would like to know that I could easily put in a replacement Floyd type if the one that comes with it doesn't work so great. What is the post spacing for those Model 2? and what is the diameter of the part of the post that screws in the wood?
    And is the blue really as ugly as it looks in pictures!!!???? I'm waiting for white or black, no doubt!

Thanks, this is a great place for info

Re: Model 2 Trem spacing

OFR drops right in. And welcome to the JCF.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Oh, btw, OFR is Original Floyd Rose.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Not much on the Bay right now. The one blue Model 2 ending tonight should go pretty reasonable, but I can't get over the wood showing on the bottom of the guitar. The other blue one seems to be pulling some higher dollars, but it looks to be pretty clean. I personally like the blue, it's my favorite color. I have a nice red Model 2, and I would give it up in a heartbeat for a nice blue one.

By the way, the white one on there that was listed today is pretty cheap so far, and will probably stay fairly cheap as it's not in great condition. If you're wanting a cheaper player and not a looker then that would be the one I'd be leaning toward.

Comment

Oh sorry, actually I like blue as a color in general, I just like guitars to be black or white. Yes, the white one on ebay I'm looking at, It looks in good enough shape for me, I was confused about the mention of speedloader, I thought that was floyds system with the bullets on both ends, was there an earlier version with bullets on one end?

I have one more question about the locking nut, but I'll put in new thread.

Thanks for info

Comment

careful on 1986 Model 2's, they have the Kahler floating trem and it does not easily convert to a floyd. the later ones (87-88) that have the JT-6 trem are what you want.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I don't believe it is a speedloader. It looks like a licensed Floyd to me. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I don't believe it is a speedloader. It looks like a licensed Floyd to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I look at it, the more I have to agree with you.

Comment

It is a speedloader. You can see the string runs through the tubes on the back. There is no screw that tightens the lock blocks, which is a dead giveaway it's a speedloader or Floyd Rose II type that were on the low end Charvels of the 90's.

Comment

Working...
                  X