Model 1 ROCKS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1 ROCKS!!!

Changed the strings on my Model 1 and got rid of the 11's it had and let me tell you........the 9's I put on er made a big difference as it would on most any guitar with 11's. I wrote a song about the British Navy back in the 1800's for a friend and did all the guitar work with the Model 1. I listened to it after it was all mixed and stock pickup and all sounded great! I should have formulated my opinion based on this model1 instead of the Model 2 I had a couple years ago. Damn nice axe. It's like having a Fender Strat on steroids! EVH and his simplified 0ne of everything design sure makes sense. I even used my Model 1 for the clean parts! Sounded great. By the way, I plugged in my axe while watching a DVD, Master and Commander. My bud loaned it to me. He wanted to give Iron Maiden a run for their money. This song is kind of like Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner part 2..........ha ha ha! If any of you guys are old sailing ship buffs (I am) I recomend Master and Commander. Killer flick.

One question though. My Model 1 has the stock Jackson pickup sans cover. Would an SD TB-4 JB be a close copy? The stock pickup is kinda microphonic and had to be over processed to get rid of that microphonic echo sound.

Re: Model 1 ROCKS!!!

Could you just repot it? If you like the pickup, that may be a desirable and cost effective option?

Comment

Thats a thought, but after poking around here and there I have heard the SD Custom Custom EVH-like bucker gives you the best of both worlds. If it can do it for Edward it could do it for me. Though........the prices on these pickups are a little high so re-poting may be the best option. Thanks Sunbane.

Comment

my 3dr came with tree trunks. those we're tossed and 9's we're put on. the neck was adjusted and the frets had a g+p, plays like butter!

i too, am considering a different bridge pickup.

Comment

Working...
        X