Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to identify my Charvel

[ QUOTE ]
    model 5 had twin humbuckers and a set neck i think, model 6 like the model 4 but with a set neck as well

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Both the Model 5 and Model 6 are neck-through models. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Plus, you're forgetting that the Model 6 had shark-fin inlays, which the '86 Model 4 did not. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      the model series were basswood bodies...

[/ QUOTE ]

Basswood? Where do you get these statements from??? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

The Model 5 & 6 were maple neck with poplar wings.

Comment

I was comparing Model series to USA Charvels, and was therefore describing bolt-on Model Series guitars only rather than creating confusion by getting into neckthroughs, which had more in common than Jacksons than Charvels. All bolt-on Model Series Charvels were basswood.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          model 5 had twin humbuckers and a set neck i think, model 6 like the model 4 but with a set neck as well

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Both the Model 5 and Model 6 are neck-through models. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Plus, you're forgetting that the Model 6 had shark-fin inlays, which the Model 4 did not. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 86 Model 4 did not, though 87-88 it did. There is some dispute about there being in existence a Model 4A that allowed the Model 4 to continue with dot inlays while the 4A had sharkies, but I've not seen any documentation of that.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The 86 Model 4 did not, though 87-88 it did. There is some dispute about there being in existence a Model 4A that allowed the Model 4 to continue with dot inlays while the 4A had sharkies, but I've not seen any documentation of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              the model series were basswood bodies...

[/ QUOTE ]

Basswood? Where do you get these statements from??? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

The Model 5 & 6 were maple neck with poplar wings.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to be so harsh, he could have quickly qualified his statement by adding the bolt-on model series bodies were basswood.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, I apologise. My impression was the Model 7 wasn't basswood though?

Comment

OK, I stand corrected. The Model 7 is in fact ash. Sometimes it is difficult to keep in mind that the Model 7 is part of this all.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    OK, I stand corrected. The Model 7 is in fact ash. Sometimes it is difficult to keep in mind that the Model 7 is part of this all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man. For a moment there I thought I owned a basswod guitar...oh the horror!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

the hell with that, the basswood is excellent. it is very resonant on my Model 2. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        model 1 was like a strat copy, model 2 was a single pickup...

[/ QUOTE ]

Model 1 was also single pickup, but with maple fretboard & trad trem. Model 1A was a strat copy. Model 1C was H-S-S with trad trem & no pickguard.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the Model 88? No basswood on that bolt-on! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Todd, do you have documentation on the Model 7's? It looks to me like the only one that is ash is the burst Models. Both my black and red are definitely not ash. </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

quote: Model 1 was also single pickup, but with maple fretboard & trad trem. Model 1A was a strat copy. Model 1C was H-S-S with trad trem & no pickguard.

god they had that many variations? i've never seen any 1s other than the strat style config....also yeah i meant neck thru not set neck ...right idea wrong words :P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Todd, do you have documentation on the Model 7's? It looks to me like the only one that is ash is the burst Models. Both my black and red are definitely not ash. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta start paying attention to detail again... I don't like being the source of misinformation.

You are also right Dave. Documentation (the old MoAIP) states that the solid colors were basswood.

**to self / FOCUS YOU IDIOT - FOCUS!!!!!! / to self**
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X