• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to identify my Charvel

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    OK, I stand corrected. The Model 7 is in fact ash. Sometimes it is difficult to keep in mind that the Model 7 is part of this all.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Todd, do you have documentation on the Model 7's? It looks to me like the only one that is ash is the burst Models. Both my black and red are definitely not ash. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta start paying attention to detail again... I don't like being the source of misinformation.

You are also right Dave. Documentation (the old MoAIP) states that the solid colors were basswood.

**to self / FOCUS YOU IDIOT - FOCUS!!!!!! / to self**

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] <font color="aqua">no problem at all and thanks for clearing that up, I thought for a moment that we had another one of those "oddball" import things going on. Was there ever a catalog that had the Model 7's in them, that you've seen ? </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

my vote is its a model 4 [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        OK, I stand corrected. The Model 7 is in fact ash. Sometimes it is difficult to keep in mind that the Model 7 is part of this all.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Todd, do you have documentation on the Model 7's? It looks to me like the only one that is ash is the burst Models. Both my black and red are definitely not ash. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta start paying attention to detail again... I don't like being the source of misinformation.

You are also right Dave. Documentation (the old MoAIP) states that the solid colors were basswood.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] <font color="aqua">no problem at all and thanks for clearing that up, I thought for a moment that we had another one of those "oddball" import things going on. Was there ever a catalog that had the Model 7's in them, that you've seen ? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a catalog picture where it's pictured with a Model 6.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a catalog picture where it's pictured with a Model 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I have that one too, I was hoping you may have one with specs though, thanks anyway - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

Comment

I have the specs as well.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

From 88- check out the 4M and 5A!

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true of all of the solid color ones? My Model 7 was originally pink. It weighs ton (far heavier than my basswood Fender) so I guess I have a hard time believing that it's basswood.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true of all of the solid color ones? My Model 7 was originally pink. It weighs ton (far heavier than my basswood Fender) so I guess I have a hard time believing that it's basswood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I wonder whether they are ash as well. My Model 7 feels as heavy as my Roadstar II which is ash bodied too. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

<font color="aqua">well, as we all know, the model series always had some quirks here and there so maybe yours are ash. Just take the neck off when you change your strings next time and have a look. Ash is pretty recognizable.
                    </font>
                    Dave ->

Comment

Will do [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                      X