Model 5 Scale Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 Scale Length

Hello, what's the scale length on a Model 5?

Regards all

Re: Model 5 Scale Length

Occupy JCF

Comment

Not to overly extend this post, but how would you compare a Japanese built early 90's Jackson Soloist pro or pro xl to a Charvel Model 650,6, or 5. I'd really prefer a 650XL over any of the latter mentioned but they seem pretty rare these days so I'm looking at all viable options. I'm selling my 750 XL on Ebay, yeah it's the only 750 on there. The scale on my 750 is just too tight past the 14th fret, I like my Model 4's way better with the 25.5". The 750 is a great guitar it's just a compatibility thing. I bought not that long ago and have tried to make it work but just can't get the playability I need from the tight scale. I'm cursed with big, meaty fingers, hopefully a good 25.5" scale Charvel will pop up on Ebay.

Adios

Comment

werent the 86 charvel model 5's built in japan?
        1986 Model 5 with Kahler
        RH100 Randall head
        4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

All model series Charvels were made in Japan.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Not to overly extend this post, but how would you compare a Japanese built early 90's Jackson Soloist pro or pro xl to a Charvel Model 650,6, or 5. I'd really prefer a 650XL over any of the latter mentioned but they seem pretty rare these days so I'm looking at all viable options. I'm selling my 750 XL on Ebay, yeah it's the only 750 on there. The scale on my 750 is just too tight past the 14th fret, I like my Model 4's way better with the 25.5". The 750 is a great guitar it's just a compatibility thing. I bought not that long ago and have tried to make it work but just can't get the playability I need from the tight scale. I'm cursed with big, meaty fingers, hopefully a good 25.5" scale Charvel will pop up on Ebay.

Adios

[/ QUOTE ]

It boils down to preferences. They are all similar. The Soloist Pro would be considered the best by most people since it has the ebony board & MOP logo. I prefer a non-recessed trem, so I'd personally rather have a 650XL. I'd give the 650 the nod over the Model 6 because of the better trem & locknut. It pains me to say that as a Model 6 owner, but even after putting an OFR on it, I have occasional issues with the string lock and have seriously thought about taking it in for a Floyd nut install. If the Model 5 had sharkies, that might be my choice since I love the 2 hum setup with the special 5-way switch. Not a big deal to switch out the JT-6 trem for an OFR, but again the string lock can be a problem for some. They're all great guitars though.

Comment

Thanks all for the enlightenment

Comment

Working...
              X