Charvette by Charvel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette by Charvel...

Anyone remember what these cheapo's went for brand new? I found a real nice one, but the pawn shop is asking $250 ... I'm thinking of offering 100 bucks (cdn)... Is $100 out of line for one of these? I know they were the cheapest offering from Charvel/Jackson at the time, plywood bodies, etc. This particular model is hum-single-single with a liscensed floyd/locking nut. Plays and sounds really good for what it is...

Re: Charvette by Charvel...

Not all were laminant (plywood) bodies. Check the tremolo cavity.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

And some of them had very good necks.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Update: I went to another pawn shop tonight and this one had quite a few import Charvel Model Series and Charvettes... The Charvels were all pretty beat, but they did have a couple a really nice Charvettes, like, REALLY nice shape! The one I was interested in was a hum-single setup, charvette lic. floyd (WB-2), etc. The neck was mint, and the body had the usual tiny pait chips, etc, for a used older guitar. The old man running the place wanted 250, I offered 100, and explained to him all about Charvel, Charvette, etc, he was CERTAIN that it was a real "Charvel Jackson", as he said. 800 brand new! he tells me. I bickered for about 10 mins on it, trying to get him to understand, it was mising the caps for the locking nut, tone pot doesn't work, mising trem cavity cover, but he wouldn't budge on anything, so I left. Pisses me off though because he's got a real nice selection of these budget 80's guitars, and he doesn't know the first thing about them... They are all in this dump of a place, and they'll never sell, and he won't even budge. I guess I'll just keep checking in and offering my 100 bucks... I can't really justify offering any more, due to the small nicks, missing tone pot knob, and the non working tone pot... All minor things, but man! All this guitar really needs is a good cleaning and setup, and I've got spare locking nut caps, tone pots, etc...

The necks on these feel just as good as the Charvel Model series I've played...

Hopefully the other place will be more informed and willing to actually conduct business...

Comment

You could have met him somewhere in the middle. Especially if it had a solid body. Charvettes aren't THAT bad. (unless they have the laminant body)

You gotta realize, that guy is there to make money, not to be your supply of Charvettes and Charvels. Talking him down is OK, but I honestly think you could have budged a little.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Fair enough, I think I'll go back and see if we can make a deal... It's not a bad guitar at all, it's just that a guitar is worth what a guitar is worth, not what someone THINKS it should be... I don't think I'd pay more than 150 for ANY Charvette though... Thats a pretty good rule of thumb I think... Thanks for the input guys, lots of info on this forum!

Comment

Realize this - he's a business man. He didn't pick that Charvette out of the turnip patch, someone sold it to him. He's going to want to, at the very least, break even.

One other bit of advice, just because it says Charvette, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a piece of crap. Evaluate the guitar, if it has decent components and solid wood body, then $150 may or may not be reasonable.

We know that you're trying to get a good guitar for a good price, but sometimes it can be done and other times that guitar deal is somewhere else.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

One thing you might do is write your name and phone number down along with your highest offer, and leave it with him (politely). Just tell him it's a standing offer, and no hard feelings either way. I've done this many times in the past, and I've scored a few really good deals as a result.

Comment

Thanks, thats a good idea...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I went to another pawn shop tonight and this one had quite a few import Charvel Model Series

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they have any lefties?

thanks,

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com
                    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

There's a Charvette at my local PS. Been there for a year. I have bot there before so I should be able to open it up. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. If your dude gave a loan value of more that $75, I would be amazed. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

HEY MKSKUD, WHERE IN cANADA ARE YOU?
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Whoops, sorry aboot that.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

New keyboard Zeeg?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Whoops, sorry aboot that.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua"> isn't that pronounced, "aboat" ? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X