• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are all charvettes plywood bodies??

Comment

No, some had solid wood bodies.

Comment

I got one on ebay for 75 bucks. gave it to the GF. Painted it and its a real nice guitar now. When i took the neck off to paint, it didnt look like plywood, but i couldn't tell, maybe they painted over the plywood and sanded it real nice? As it looks right now, i cant tell it apart from my model 3.

Comment

Originally posted by AzPilot View Post
          I got one on ebay for 75 bucks. gave it to the GF. Painted it and its a real nice guitar now. When i took the neck off to paint, it didnt look like plywood, but i couldn't tell, maybe they painted over the plywood and sanded it real nice? As it looks right now, i cant tell it apart from my model 3.
          If it's a solid wood body it'll be basswood, and if it has the JT-6 instead of those weird oddball trems that don't looke like a Floyd, then it's really not much different than a Model Series guitar. Worth less due to being a Charvette instead of a Charvel of course, but a solid wood Charvette with the JT-6 is pretty close functionally to a bolt-neck Model Series Charvel.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mkskud View Post
            Fair enough, It's not a bad guitar at all, it's just that a guitar is worth what a guitar is worth, not what someone THINKS it should be... I don't think I'd pay more than 150 for ANY Charvette though... Thats a pretty good rule of thumb I think.
            Well what something is worth to one might not be what its worth to the other or actual worth for that matter. The Charvette is worth 150 to you. And its worth 300 to the shop owner. But its really only worth 200 in realy good condition with a solid body and good neck, hardware etc. So find that happy medium and buy it if ya gotta have it. Let us know what happens.
            Oh and pics too if ya pick it up
            Gil

Comment

Working...
            X