Model 7 thoughts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 7 thoughts.....

<font color="aqua">quick question for ya, I'm thinking of routing for humbuckers on the red sparkle 7. It's really nice on the top but the back does have some scratches as I mentioned before. What do ya think? My favorite is the zebras and will probably be the end result, that is, if I can get myself to route this body.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Why am I having such a hard time doing that? It's not like it's rare or anything.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

or, I could go with the rails...

oh, and please don't hate me Eric!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Model 7 thoughts.....

I say leave the neck single coil and route the bridge for a humbucker! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I know, I'm not much help, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I say leave the neck single coil and route the bridge for a humbucker! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I know, I'm not much help, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">that's actually not a horrible idea, Joe, and less routing!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

Comment

Well, there ya go! LOL

Comment

<font color="aqua">damn, now I'm going to have to make MORE pictures, I don't have time for this crap... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

Comment

Hahaha! Just route it and show us the pics later. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

There is a replacement tele bridge just like the one on the Model 7 except that it is for a humbucker. Is that part of what you were considering in regards to the hard-tail? (I know the Kisaeke doesn't have that particular bridge in it's selections)
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                There is a replacement tele bridge just like the one on the Model 7 except that it is for a humbucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where would one find this replacement bridge, kind sir?

Oh, and Dave, I also vote for the humbucker/single.

Alvin
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

<font color="aqua">thanks, Todd, I actually have one of those but I really hate the look of the humbucker in the black metal plate, know what I mean? It just looks lost in there so I'd like the cream ring to "set it off". I have an extra Model 7 bridge so I'm just going to mill the pickup part of and convert it into a hardtail. </font>
                  Dave ->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    There is a replacement tele bridge just like the one on the Model 7 except that it is for a humbucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where would one find this replacement bridge, kind sir?

Oh, and Dave, I also vote for the humbucker/single.

Alvin

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Stew-Mac the luthier's haven. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Dave, I would go the route of the Mike Stern Tele. Route for a neck humbucker; keep the bridge untouched but get a Hot Rails for the bridge. Black mounting ring for the neck and a zebra Seymour Duncan 59 pickup or a zebra 59/Jazz hybrid in the neck would be a great mix with the Hot Rails bridge.

Comment

I put a Little 59 (Seymour Duncan single coil sized humbucker) in my Fender tele bridge slot and it sounds killer. plenty of balls under distortion but yet still gives some of that twang when you go clean.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          <font color="aqua">thanks, Todd, I actually have one of those but I really hate the look of the humbucker in the black metal plate, know what I mean? It just looks lost in there so I'd like the cream ring to "set it off". I have an extra Model 7 bridge so I'm just going to mill the pickup part of and convert it into a hardtail. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dissagree with that. The hum tele bridge would be the way to go if it were me. (course it's not me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) Just sayin'. The zebra pup would look killer in the black hum tele bridge, with a creme single in the neck. From a distance it would appear as two creme singles, and with the maple board..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Just a quick photoshop.....you get the idea.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeccchhh! But, Mark, would you go to

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=670503

and work your magic there? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X