Model 4 locknut question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 locknut question

I have a Model 4 with the older Kahler trem on it. The locknut is the the straight-slot thumbscrew type. I was changing my G-string, and loosened the thumbscrew too much, apparently. I lost the little square nut that anchors the thumbscrew. By chance, does anyone know what size that nut is if I have to get a replacement? Thanks a lot!

Re: Model 4 locknut question

This is the place to go:

http://www.fretsonthenet.net/hardware.htm

This is JCFer Budman68's site. He's the best & he'll get you fixed up. Near the bottom of that page he has locking plates for Kahler and JT-6 string locks. By your description of the screws, it sounds like you might have a JT-6 lock even though you have a Kahler trem. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Just double-check that with Dave to be sure.

Comment

Wow! That was fast! Hey, I spoke in error--it's a Jackson "Licensed by Floyd Rose" trem. But I'm checking out your link immediately. Thank you!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Wow! That was fast! Hey, I spoke in error--it's a Jackson "Licensed by Floyd Rose" trem.

[/ QUOTE ]
        that's the JT-6. they are very replacable.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys!
          :-)

Comment

Changing your G-string, huh??? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I'll bet if you pull the nut off, you'll find that piece hiding in there.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hmmmm...hadn't thought of that, as I looked for that plate *everywhere*. Oh well, Budman has already come to the rescue, and the plate is on its way. That's a great resource, btw.

Comment

Shoulda got you a pup ring while you were ordering, you'd love it!
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X