Model 6 going rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 going rate

There's a shop near me thats selling a Model 6 for £599. Is this too much for one? i've seen some on ebay going for alot cheaper than that.

Here's a link to the picture

http://www.machinehead.co.uk/images/...el_mod6-lg.jpg
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Model 6 going rate

Converted to USD that does sound steep. You could print out a couple past sales from ebay and use it to negotiate the price w/ them.

Comment

That's Jeff and yes, it's too expensive. However, it looks pretty damn tidy, but I'd say 500 quid max......
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That thing looks about mint.

Comment

You should be able to talk them down if you walk in with cash, but given they go for more in Europe, and they ARE going up even Stateside, it's not as steep as it would've been a year ago. Offer them 400 to start, being willing to go 500 out the door. I bet you can get it for 500 or less.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good advice, but in this case, Jeff doesn't really 'do' haggling to the extent of those figures. It's always worth a try though!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Man, that looks freakin' mint!
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Thats high at $1,039.69 US Dollar. I have the same one 87 model 6, stock except EMG SA/SA/81 pickups. All I can say is it looks like high quality, and beat up is beat up! I bought this new in 87 & it's a PLAYER and you won't be disappointed..........

Comment

We had one here in E-Fraid a couple weeks ago that went for $800+ and that was Stateside. Granted that's high, but bear in mind UK/Europe prices are usually 1/5-2x the Stateside price. Even if you buy one in the States from someone who'll ship to the UK, that's $150-$200 often, THEN you have the import duty of 25%. So that is not as attractive as it once was. One in mint condition went for $999 a couple years ago, also Stateside.

Depends how much you like it and want it, and availability in your area. If it's worth it to you and the market's in the ballpark, go for it.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Good advice, but in this case, Jeff doesn't really 'do' haggling to the extent of those figures. It's always worth a try though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if the market will bear it then he may not budge. My favorite trick is to simply pull out the cash, count it in front of them, and say "Damn! I only have X amount, but I'll give it to you right now!" You'd be surprised how many people are aroused by the sight and smell of cash. But again, if he's confident of moving it at 599 that won't work.

If someone doesn't bite right away, I'll check back monthly,
                    buying strings and picks. Each time I'll mention it again.
                    If it sits there 6 months he may well come down.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      We had one here in E-Fraid a couple weeks ago that went for $800+ and that was Stateside. Granted that's high, but bear in mind UK/Europe prices are usually 1/5-2x the Stateside price. Even if you buy one in the States from someone who'll ship to the UK, that's $150-$200 often, THEN you have the import duty of 25%. So that is not as attractive as it once was. One in mint condition went for $999 a couple years ago, also Stateside.

Depends how much you like it and want it, and availability in your area. If it's worth it to you and the market's in the ballpark, go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sometimes it seems the really good condition and mint condition 6's get wayy up there sometimes. I wonder what a mint 650xl would hit for, since they are rarely on ebay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite trick is to simply pull out the cash, count it in front of them, and say "Damn! I only have X amount, but I'll give it to you right now!" You'd be surprised how many people are aroused by the sight and smell of cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Especially if you say something like: "and I don't need a receipt". That'll usually get 'em to thinking.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Someone had a red one around here PM'd me about it when I was looking for my eerie dess soloist.

To the best of my memory, $500. was the purchase price and it looked EXCELLENT.

Comment

I know I paid too much for my minter 6...but fuckit, it's nice to have the warranty card and still smell the new guitar smell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And besides I stole the beater 6, so in effect it evens out...or something [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

What mm2002 said works for me 95% of the time.I'm quite the haggler.Cash and no reciept concept has been my method for many years.As well as being willing to wait until they break.Good luck.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X