Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model 6 going rate

[ QUOTE ]

If it sits there 6 months he may well come down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now that he wrote this thread, that will not happen, Rich! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Too many Charv-hungry UKers on here!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well i think i'm going to leave it for now. I'll see if the price comes down then i might consider it. If it goes before the price comes down i won't be botherd. I've got other guitars to play for now.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Compared to the 7500 pounds that they want for a secondhand PRS, it seems a bargain!

Comment

> As soon as I finish machine shop school and can afford it,I'm gonna offer 750.00 USD for the first person to come up with an original finish white one with a JT6,long as there is nothing more than pick swirls and headstock tip finish damage. Tommy D.
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

If it sits there 6 months he may well come down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now that he wrote this thread, that will not happen, Rich! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Too many Charv-hungry UKers on here!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Good point! In fact one of his buds who are telling him that's too much will probably snag it himself!

"Nah, mate, YOU don't want to pay that - But I DO!"
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

May I present, the worlds most expensive Model 6. Yes, I am the dummy that sank a boat load of $ into it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Compared to the 7500 pounds that they want for a secondhand PRS, it seems a bargain!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? That's about the most rediculous price I've ever heard.

Comment

How much spent xtra?(GREAT paint job), still need to add a EMG SA/SA/81 set?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? That's about the most rediculous price I've ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just go to this page to see for yourself [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Used Guitars

Comment

It's definately a top of the line PRS but still. What is that like 12,000-13,000 USD?

Comment

Yup, it's around that sort of price.....Don't forget though, we get fleeced on prices over here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

To think that I thought I payed too much for my 5A with the plastic still on it at US$350 back in '01 (They'd lost the case and whammy bar, naturally).

My 3B NOS with case for US$320 a year ago was still the steal of the year though, even if my bass player borrowed it for a month and dinged it up a bit. I'm not a bass player, but I had to have it because it matched the 5A.
                          Model 3
                          Model 5A
                          Model 3B
                          Journeyman
                          Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

I always wanted one and now that I can afford it they are so hard to find. I like the cobalt blue..just found one in pretty freakin good shape for 750.00 USD. Its an 86 with the kahler and it looks to be pretty nice. I will have it friday so I will post pics. I look at it this way, they are not making them anymore so IMO they will get harder to find and more and more beat up as time goes on, so if you find one you like I would grab it. The are selling at what they orig sold for so its not like you will lose money, they should only go up in value I would think.

Comment

I bought it!!!

Hi All,

I bought the guitar from Jeff.......and no he didn't reduce the price!!! It is in mint condition though.
                              I would like some more info on the guitar though, i.e. where it was made, what year it was made etc. Does the serial No relate to year of manufacture in any way??

The serial No is #C805XXX and is stamped into the neck after the 24th fret, however a friend of mine also has a Model 6 in white and there are a number of subtle differences between the guitars -

1. The are 2 cavity covers on the back of my black one and only 1 on the white one
                              2. The head stock on the black one is slightly larger that the white one
                              3. The serial number on the white one is located on the rear of the headstock not on the neck
                              4. The white one has a Kahler trem and the black one has a Floyd Rose - JT6, I think??

Hope someone can help!!

Comment

The one with the Kahler is from 86, the one with the JT-6 is either 87 or 88
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X