Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to see a 86 Charvel Catalog....Pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to see a 86 Charvel Catalog....Pics!!

props to Dave (Giles) his pics I hosted. Here they are 38 pics. I'm still lookin for a 86 model 6 w/Kahler to accompany my 87 model 6!!!!!!!!

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Re: Anybody want to see a 86 Charvel Catalog....Pics!!

Awesome catalog..I haven't seen that catalog in years..Man, I wish I had a Cobalt Blue Model 5 with a Jackson trem..

Comment

Yeah that's a bad Charvel ready for some Hot pickups!!!!!

Comment

Thank you!!
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

<font color="aqua">in the first pic of the red model 6, I kinda wish they actually made the single coil routes like that.......ah well, funny how the design changed, probably because their single coil sized humbucker pickups would have looked a little dumb in there since they didn't have "lips".

I would still love to know if they ever completed any Model 6's with those routes in the beginning. </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Re: Anybody want to see a 86 Charvel Catalog....Pi

Thanks for cleaning up the pics and hosting them bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you!!! Anymore more catalogs??? (budman68) Charvel
              should have stuck with that route, there are alot more variety of single coil pickups out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

are we gonna have these catalogues on resources? its really useful having them here - thanks a lot!!

Comment

I'm surprised to see the straight down line of the control knobs of the Model 5. I haven't seen any like that and I have 2. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I'm surprised to see the straight down line of the control knobs of the Model 5. I haven't seen any like that and I have 2. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Paul, there were a lot of design changes after this catalog was made. If you'll notice the pickups rings(humbuckers w/o covers) are not the larger size like we normally see on the model series as well. I'd love to know the stories behind some of these..... </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      If you'll notice the pickups rings(humbuckers w/o covers) are not the larger size like we normally see on the model series as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 86 Model 5 was my only guitar for 15 years. I then bought a Les Paul off my buddy I the first thing I remember noticing was how skinny the PUPs seemed to be compared with my Charvel.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed that. I like the angled layout of the Mods 4 &amp; 6 much better than the straight down the line layout. I'm glad they made the change to the Mod 5 before production.

Comment

Thanks! You answered most of my questions before I could ask them. Ever seen a serial number database? Trying to trace numbers for authencity. <font color="green">:headbang:
                          "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

there is no serial number database for import Charvels. re: the authenticity of your guitar, are you concerned that someone is faking $300 import guitars? Post some pics - folks here will tell you pretty quick whether it's a 'genuine' Charvel or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I am sooooooo uninformed. I love my guitar and got it for next to nothing but I have been misinformed until I found this site. I through out 3 posts to see what I could find out. I don't even know it's an import. I'll borrow a camera this weekend to post pics. Jackson made 300$ neck-throughs? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                              "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Working...
                              X