Those model series necks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those model series necks!

I keep my Model 3 and MOdel 5A to hand in the living room these days. Anyhow, last night I was quietly having a quick shred on the 3 when I noticed it was fretting out a bit on the G strng especially around frets 7-10. Ok, a bit too much relief had crept in on the neck, and I put it aside and played the 5A.

So this morning I pulled out the tools and got the 3's neck relief down to the required gnat's proverbial, but I still have a little chocking out.

Then I measured the actions on the two of them...

The 5A? I can slip a metal teck pick between the strings and 12th fret, and it stays there. That means the actions well under 1mm...

The 3? The teck pick will stay between the strings & frets right up to the 22nd fret! It needs to come up a little, you know? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Damn, they got those necks right! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Model 3
    Model 5A
    Model 3B
    Journeyman
    Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Re: Those model series necks!

Real nice profile, 5a kicks ass.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Re: Those model series necks!

Love my Model 3 too!
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
      X