Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have a spare jt6 trem arm lying around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a spare jt6 trem arm lying around?

i lost mine [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: anyone have a spare jt6 trem arm lying around?

Budman makes these, I think.

[EDIT] Here ya go.CLICK HERE
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

You can also use an Ibanez Edge arm with no problems.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

i don't play ibanez

Comment

Me neither, but an Ibanez Edge arm is probably a lot easier to get your hands on than a JT-6 arm.

About 10 years ago, I bought a used Charvel with a JT-6 and a black trem bar. I asked the woman who sold it to me if it was the original bar, and she told me that she had lost the original silver one so she had replaced it with the black Ibanez bar. Works like a charm to this day.

Just trying to help you out, man...
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Yeah. Back when I bought my Model 3 in '92 it was missing the bar, so I went to a guitar store and asked if they had anything that might fit and they sold me a "Sure Grip" style Ibanez bar. Nearly ten years later I picked up my Model 5A and it too was missing the bar (Where are they all? It's like the Douglas Adams thing about the Biros[1]), so I bought another Ibanez Sure Grip. Now when I see a Model series with the original style bar it looks wrong to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow, the Ibanez bars are a little too loose. Doesn't matter how you adjust the collar they are lways swinging in the breeze.

- Steve

1) Ball-pens to you 'Merkins
            Model 3
            Model 5A
            Model 3B
            Journeyman
            Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

i buy 3 guitars this week (hamer centaura, charvel 650xl and a vester ii concert series) and none of them got tremolo arm -_-

Comment

I have a spare one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Semi off-topic, but I think the best thing you can do for a JT-6 (besides replace it with an OFR) is to pick up a collared OFR or Schaller bar & socket kit for about $15 and replace the spindly, sloppy JT-6 bar. It's really easy to do. You just need to enlarge the hole in the baseplate slightly by filing or scraping carefully w/ a large flat-blade screwdriver. The metal is really soft. Takes about 5 minutes to do & you end up with a much better (imo), solid feeling bar with no slop.

Comment

Working...
                  X