Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't be a dumbass like me...(Model 6 story!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be a dumbass like me...(Model 6 story!)

ARGH.

Ever have that sinking feeling like you just wish you could have five seconds back of your life? Well yeah, it just happened to me about three hours ago.

I put my Model 6 on a normal guitar stand (yeah I know, shoulda used the Hercules!) and turned around to look at something, then I hear KA-BANG! Straight onto a concrete floor. Just about shat myself because although it's my beater, I love her to death. Luckily the neck didn't break and one of the tuners had disappeared. My heart sank as I imagined the headstock had snapped. I examined the guitar closely and found a scuff mark on the lower body. It just rubbed off! The headstock was untouched and on top of that the tuner had just miraculously unscrewed itself! I found the tuner and nut and screw with a big sigh of relief. A couple of strings had snapped and a wee bit of fret wear where the strings had contacted a fret. So I did a full fretboard detail (about time I did it as the Rosewood was pretty dry) and sure enough the wear polished out with no problems. New strings and it looks & plays like nothing happened. Thank the Lord! But I still feel dumb Boy, they make these things tough...

In summary...be careful with your baby [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Re: Don\'t be a dumbass like me...(Model 6 story!)

Dude,
    You into Dragons and Knights? A fan of Yngwie? hehehehe

Comment

LOL I didnt even notice armour and weapons until fong mentioned it. If I owned a suit of armour, i'd wear it while playing Dio covers.

Comment

That will definitely make your heart stop [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">whew!! Glad it didn't get any worse for you, my friend! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Could definitely have been worse. I have a Kramer Pacer in which I gutted and re-built. It took a header just like yours did and snapped the headstock clean off. Luckily it was a bolt-on and I know an awesome luthier or I would have been in F*cked City.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, I've seen so many headstocks snap on Jacksons due the angle relative to the neck. Still can't believe I got away pretty much scott-free. Never again! [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, my 650xl has that cracked back headstock that needs to be repaired. Maybe one day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Ouch! What happened to that one? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I took my Model 7 into the luthier to check the neck. Somehow or the other when I got it out of the gig bag, I lost my grip on it and it landed fretboard-side down on the floor with quite a crash. Amazingly, it fell just right so absolutely no damage was done. The only damage was to my ego as I had to look up at the luthier and try to explain why I was throwing my Charvel around his shop.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Ouch! What happened to that one? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it that way from a guy who had it tip over at a bar gig face first. Most likely fixable but Im a bit lazy on that one. I may just have to drop it off somewhere and be done with it. I have to find someone local who does good work. Does anyone know if Guitarasylum on Long Island does repairs?

Comment

Good luck man!

I have solved one of the mysteries of my "beater". If you look at this pic, the pickup covers have the Jackson script in red.

I took the opportunity while the strings were off to try sanding off the red colour. Sure enough, it was white underneath so the script colour was most definitely not factory.

Comment

I screw down my guitar stands to the floor at the back middle leg, never had one tip over in thirty years including two large earthquakes.........

Comment

You are L U C K Y. To this day, LOL I loved my cat...but if I we're home when He was medaling with my strings(that I forgot to trim) and knocked my axe off the bar/stand..he'd have died from my hands. Nothing worse than coming home from school and seeing your guitar and it's neck in two pieces. Then your friends tell you it isn't repairable and you throw the neck away. WORSE YET, you meet a luthier who says he CAN fix it and the neck is long gone. So you could imagine how I felt.

It's a good thing nothing major happened to your guitar my friend. I am ALWAYS cautious taking them out of the stands or putting them back.

In all honesty, I think I like the maple/maple pointyhead better than my original curly maple/strathead so some good came out of it.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Your guitar looks awesome and you'd already changed the trem, so why not? I think that neck suits it very well [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X