Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't be a dumbass like me...(Model 6 story!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don\'t be a dumbass like me...(Model 6 story!)

one of mine fell out of its stand last week, nothing happened to it, it was just knocked outa tune, it didnt even occur to me at the time that it could have been really bad.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      You are L U C K Y. To this day, LOL I loved my cat...but if I we're home when He was medaling with my strings(that I forgot to trim) and knocked my axe off the bar/stand..he'd have died from my hands. Nothing worse than coming home from school and seeing your guitar and it's neck in two pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]
      LOL I've got my Fender Strat on a double stand in a corner in my bedroom, Schaller straplocks and strap never come off. My cat must have gotten tangled in the strap one night while walking behind it... 4:00 in the morning I wake up after hearing a bang! The whole stand tipped forward with the guitar (it probably wouldn't have fallen over if there was a second guitar on the back part). Luckily, nothing happened at all, as it was on carpeting, and the rubber neck strap was fastened. Every time I change strings, though, it's an ordeal because the cat loves playing with the strings. Stupid cat!!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

SO I just moved mine from stands to Hurcules string swings and have em all hanging on the wall. The string swings are cheaper than stands and they are out of the way of kids...cats...dogs....and the occational fish that jumps from the tank to try to play the soloist [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Only problem I see with that is that sun-light will eventually damage the finish and obviously dry out the fretboard prematurely. Direct sun-light could also cause warpage. I only keep mine on stands temporarily. Otherwise they stay in their coffins.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Good idea, actually mine are in a temp controlled lower level with no windows. I keep three out at a time the rest are sleeping

Comment

Sweet [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
              X