Question for the Charvel gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Charvel gurus

Hello Im new to this forum and would like to ask a question from you charvel gurus. A guy I know has a Charvel for sale and Im not sure were it was manufactured and would like to know.
    Specs:
    H/S/S pickups
    Bolt on neck
    Vintage bridge
    Serial number: 378275

I have pics and ill post them later.

Re: Question for the Charvel gurus

I would think that would be a model 3M.Most likely an 86-87.No pick guard right? Made in Japan.Basswood body,maple neck.(they came with either rosewood or maple finger board)I guessing yours has the maple finger board hence the M designation.Any one else?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Sounds to me like it's a Model 1C, pics would be critical for proper identification!
      </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

1C or 3M didn't both have a V trem Dave?I may have just had a brain fart.Pics please.

Comment

Im thinking one of those cheap cx deals or something like that. Although my cx has a serial thats 7 digits long and begins with lots of zeros. So, thats probably a model series serial number then? In that case Im guessing some sort of model 1 variant.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            <font color="aqua">Sounds to me like it's a Model 1C, pics would be critical for proper identification!
            </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

best guess so far!

Failing some pics, a better description would be helpful. What's the fretboard wood, rosewood or maple? What type of logo, script or guitar-shaped? What shape is the headstock?

Richard, was there ever a "3M"? I know there was a Model 4M, but I didn't think the "M" designation ever appeared on another Model variant. The Model 3 variations didn't have vintage trems either.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

My "List" says it's a 1C. And I don't see no 3M, cus it ain't on my "List". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

OK I can't remember where I heard that.I must have been thinking about the 4M.I stand corrected.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  OK I can't remember where I heard that.I must have been thinking about the 4M.I stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ] You don't have the "List". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll stop. I'm sending the list to, I forgot but I will remember, and it will be posted. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hurry up already [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Hurry up already [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] It will be in the fukking mail tomorrow. But once it gets posted, I won't be important anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Too funny.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry, you're not going crazy. I heard it too. I think that Tekky posted a pic of a mutt he had built consisting of a model 3 body and a model 1 neck. I believe he coined it the model 3m. I think he has a pic of it on his website.

Comment

here is a Model 1C

here is a 4M

There are no production 3M's.

Comment

Here's my model 3M !....

Actually, it was a model 3 with a 4m neck, but I loved it!
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X