Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for the Charvel gurus

[ QUOTE ]
    It will be in the fukking mail tomorrow. But once it gets posted, I won't be important anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and on the anniversary of that day, we will always try to remember your valiant efforts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color="red">The list shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old
    Age shall not weary the list, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember the list...</font> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

you're a hero Fett and you efforts shall be remembered..perhaps with a commemrative t-shirt with the List on it... :P

Comment

As the Cowardly Lion said: "Aw shucks. Twernt nothin'". [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Thanks carbuff I knew I saw it somewhere.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Its a made in Korea , but thanks for all the help!!

Comment

And here we have a case for coming up with pictures or a fully detailed description. There were many missing pieces in Miki's initial post:
              [ QUOTE ]
              Hello Im new to this forum and would like to ask a question from you charvel gurus. A guy I know has a Charvel for sale and Im not sure were it was manufactured and would like to know.
              Specs:
              H/S/S pickups
              Bolt on neck
              Vintage bridge
              Serial number: 378275

I have pics and ill post them later.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are sometimes like the dreaded word problems that we'd beat up the nerd in class to copy the answers to. First of all, there's misleading information, the serial number. I can't stress enough that serial numbers don't divulge bupkus about model or manufacturing location in import models.

So by the basic description he gave, he had everyone on the trail of a Model 1C. Everyone focused on the v-trem and h/s/s pickup config. However, it also could have been a CHS2, CS20, CX290, or a CX292.

So where were the questions about the headstock shape? Fretboard material? Pickguard? Logo style? Jack location?

I'm by far not 100% in identification, but I thought some of the guys who posted in this thread would have questioned more.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                And here we have a case for coming up with pictures or a fully detailed description. There were many missing pieces in Miki's initial post:
                [ QUOTE ]
                Hello Im new to this forum and would like to ask a question from you charvel gurus. A guy I know has a Charvel for sale and Im not sure were it was manufactured and would like to know.
                Specs:
                H/S/S pickups
                Bolt on neck
                Vintage bridge
                Serial number: 378275

I have pics and ill post them later.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are sometimes like the dreaded word problems that we'd beat up the nerd in class to copy the answers to. First of all, there's misleading information, the serial number. I can't stress enough that serial numbers don't divulge bupkus about model or manufacturing location in import models.

So by the basic description he gave, he had everyone on the trail of a Model 1C. Everyone focused on the v-trem and h/s/s pickup config. However, it also could have been a CHS2, CS20, CX290, or a CX292.

So where were the questions about the headstock shape? Fretboard material? Pickguard? Logo style? Jack location?

I'm by far not 100% in identification, but I thought some of the guys who posted in this thread would have questioned more.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">
                He said he was going to have pics up later! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Didn't stop anyone from waiting for them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I love these newbs with no posts, ask a question only to be never heard from again. While all us import whores fight to figure out what the hell it is....
                    This place fargin rules [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">you're absolutely right, next time I just won't say anything...... </font>
                      Dave ->

Comment

I'm just saying that when there's little info, we should all ask questions. Isn't this how we all learn about these guitars? I'm sure some of us are aspiring to own at least one of each model, but private collections don't help everyone else learn.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">you're absolutely right, next time I just won't say anything...... </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Now, now. We have been chided. Let's take our lumps and just do it again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not chiding anyone. Nor do I have a right to. But I personally have been corrected by some of the people in this thread (Dave included) and I'm a bit astonished that some questions weren't asked.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Well, I stand corrected. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">um...I didn't feel insulted in any way shape or form [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], sorry for the lack of smilies, I guess I forgot that's how we communicate around here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                                </font>
                                Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                                X