i need help finding this guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help finding this guitar

i`ve visited your site in hoping to find my "lost charvel" i got this guitar about four years ago off a friend for 150 bucks it`s not american I know that much and it doesnt have any sign of where it was made just the charvel "toothpaste" logo on the neck.which it has a neck-thru body whith the trim starting at the bottom all the way around the headstock so it doesnt seem like it was built to be cheap.the serial is C-001201.if you any info on this please let me know i love this thing to death but i cant find out anything about it it plays like a dream i jus cant believe no one knows nothin!

We need more info to give you an accurate identification. What sort of pickups does it have (config/layout)? Arched top or not? What type of trem?

Comment

neckthru with a toothpaste logo would be either 550 or 650XL??? any other ones im not remembering?

Comment

Here's a catalog page with the toothpaste neckthroughs (and set-neck 750XL):

http://dgibboney1.googlepages.com/Ch...Pro_Series.JPG

The serial number is from '90, and I'm betting you have a 650XL since you mentioned binding. Might be a 750, since a lot of people mistake them for neckthrough because of the heel contour. Whatever it is, you got it for a hell of a price!

Comment

thats for sure

Comment

Yup, sounds like a 650xl or 750xl if it has full binding on the neck. Both are outstanding guitars. If you can take a pic and post it, that would be the best thing.

Comment

ill get some pics up but if you want to see it it`s on my bands website under the band photo section it`s the only charvel in there. www.thejack.moonfruit.com. it has a kahler trem witch is a replacement for a floyd by my guess.two single coils and a humbucker 1 vol 1 tone knob.any ideas on a price?

Comment

hey! small world, you should have written in your profile where you were from. I'm in Palmyra as well - by the way, that's a Charvel 650XL

When's the next time you'll be at the blue moon, I'll have to come out and see ya.
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

there was supposed to be a solo contest i was hosting next friday but no one would sign up,so me and some of my band mates are doin an acoustic set insted
                  Last edited by potato; 04-02-2006, 01:39 AM.

Comment

i`ve come to the conclusion that it`s a 650xl.is the only difference between the 750 and the 650 are the double-humbuckers?and why most of them have 1 single coil .im still confused with the differences.theres not much detail about this guitar anywhere any prices or pics from catalouges from 89-90 you guys can give me

Comment

Actually there are plenty of differences between the 650xl and 750xl. The 650 is a 25.5 scale flat soloist style body while the 750xl is a 24.750 scale with an archtop body and has a set neck rather than the neckthrough construction of the 650xl. Here's a catalog scan from 89 that has both guitars featured:

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Here's the famous Import Charvel Bluebook thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5386

The prices have crept up a little since it was originally posted, especially on eBay, but it's a good resource. The thread also has info on original MSRP and actual Sam Ash pricing from back in the day.

Comment

yeah i see the difference now it`s very clear after seeing the catalouge.someone took out the active pickups on mine though and put in a khaler trem.khaler vs. a floyd I dont know which one would be best for this guitar or is best period but this bitch screams liked a raped ape

Comment

If it's the Kahler Spyder (fits the original trem posts), then it's a great trem. Nothing to worry about there, except that replacement parts may be hard to get.

Comment

do you have a pic somewhere of the spyder so i can tell if thats it

Comment

Working...
                              X