No announcement yet.

Model 2 Project...please don't laugh!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another fine rescue by Mark. It looks fabulous.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Great work!

This is probably a dumb question, but did you fill the neck pickup cavity with a block of wood before you put the bondo on? If so, did you just set the wood block in there, or did you fasten it down somehow before you applied the bondo?

Comment

another killer job Mark!!
        I'm still considering our project (and my budget)..

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly
          Trade ya the 3dr for it !!!

Wicked job Mark.... As always !

The blue one I sold you a couple of years ago???? If you're serious it's a done deal, let me know.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by jacflash
            Great work!

This is probably a dumb question, but did you fill the neck pickup cavity with a block of wood before you put the bondo on? If so, did you just set the wood block in there, or did you fasten it down somehow before you applied the bondo?
            It's not a dumb question, but why would you want to add more wood?? Adding wood "blocks" or anything else in there just adds to the variables, and chances of failure down the road. I use bondo alone, and it works great.

Comment

DAMN!!! hes at it again!!

nice work mark!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacflash
                Great work!

jacflash, please see this great thread for more info on how mm2002 does this: Fun With Bondo http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48539
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

wow.. luv the yellow with green...great combo. Look forward to the completed project.
                  Last edited by charvelguy; 06-04-2006, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, this thing jams. It's all done now but I can't take pics

My wife is in Chicago this weekend and she has the camera.
                    (yeah, we only have ONE!!)

BTW, sorry Todd, but I gave her your # as an emergency contact. Hope ya don't hate me after this.

Comment

I can't wait to see the final product!
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        jacflash, please see this great thread for more info on how mm2002 does this: Fun With Bondo http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48539
                        that guitar is sitting in my lap at this very moment thanks again mark!!

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I got some "completed" pics today. How I wish I could make the true color show in pics, but I've pulled my hair out trying. Here's the best I could get:

Comment

I'm probably the first to see this - again! I like the finish very much! Flash is NOT your friend shooting guitars - especially not that finish.

No flames on the back?

That JT-6... looks... not properly adjusted :-)

Marvellous job, Mark!
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

WOW !!!

That kills bro...
                                Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                                X