No announcement yet.

Model 2 Project...please don't laugh!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is awesome mark. i love the color scheme. totally unique. a blend of the old + new.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I have a charvel 4 that i would love to do that with it currently sits with a humbucker and the mid boost and a bunch of open holes o and yeah half stripped 3 diff colors because someoene desided to spray paint it but hey! its my fav guitar currently. I cut the bottom wing out ALOT so now the access is a great and also scalloped the neck up to the 15th a tad to deep but still plays great.

Comment

That is a killer guitar. Why did you decide to put a Jackson logo on the headstock instead of a Charvel logo?

Comment

And yes, I did a matching headstock with a Jackson logo. I didn't have a Charvel stencil or I would have used it!
          Why did you decide to put a Jackson logo on the headstock instead of a Charvel logo?
          It's in his initial post that I quoted above yours. C'mon Helen Keller, use both eyes. :ROTF:

Comment

:ROTF: Uhh, Helen Keller was blind as well as deaf and mute. Use your brain.

Comment

Uhh, Helen Keller was blind as well as deaf and mute. Use your brain.
              Umm dude...the insinuation is that he is as blind as Helen Keller.

Comment

Hey, I'm drunk. What do you expect?!?!

Comment

Hey, I'm drunk. What do you expect?!?!
                  Hell, that's normally metaljunkie's excuse.

Comment

Great job. Wish I had skills like that.

Comment

The flames do nothing for me at all..... But, the refinish work is top notch. An amazing transformation. I don't care much for rebranding the guitar, but I love the light on lighter headstock.

Comment

I agree about the "rebranding". The main problem is I haven't found any decent Charvel stencils. They are too small and intricate for most plotters to cut. When doing a "color match" thing like I was trying, a waterslide decal is out of the question. And at least I kept it in the JC family! It's not like I rebranded an Ibanez to a Jackson. Hey, it's all cosmetics anyway.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

everything looks great mark, another job well done

the dot inlays on the model 2s arent really my thing though

Comment

Thats really cool Mark. Nice job.

Comment

Is that fretboard EBONIZED?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is a sweet refin.

Rebrand away, a Model Series guitar is more of a Jackson than a Charvel anyway......

Nice job!
                                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                                X