750XL Updated Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750XL Updated Pics

Thought I'd share a few updated pics of the dark green/blue 750XL. I replaced the all gold floyd rose with a Kahler Steeler with black saddles. Ebonized the fretboard and went with the covers over the pickups as I prefer this look even though a lot of you do not. And before you ask, no, I can not hear a difference with or without the covers and I'd like someone to prove that to me in person someday because I have good hearing and I've tried putting them on and taking them off numerous times with no difference. There's just something "meaty" about the look of the larger pickup rings and covers in my eyes. Also went back to the black truss rod cover as well.

on with the pics:

Old pics:

Updated pics:

Also, it's funny how I took these pics at the exact time of year again and yes, I know, my lawn has too many weeds.....lol!
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

I think it looks much better, Dave. Before it was a bit too much, almost "overgold." This way with the black and gold, it balances better.

Did you keep the pickups the same and just add covers? Or did you go with Jackson pickups as a replacement?

BTW, those 750xl's are something else. Perhaps I should get one of those some day.

Comment

Looks GREAT I luv 2 humbucker Strats! How do you ebonize a rosewood??
      fret board, looks like you buffed it also.

Comment

Wow, that's sweet! How do you like the Kahler as compared to the OFR you had before?

Comment

Very nice... love the black and gold combo.
          -Rick

Comment

I very much like the clean look of the Jackson covers. Nice looking guitar.

Note:
            Just a friendly tip: I'm on a slow DSL line at the moment, so i have noticed how relatively heavy most of your pics are (Kilo Byte). Just about any gfx program can help you reduce them to 1/3 of what they are now, still looking as good. Here's your last pic reduced to 200KB (was 600KB):

Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Travis, I just covered the pickups I used (DD in the bridge and J50bc in the neck).

SG-I use this:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains/Black_Fingerboard_Stain.html

As for the trem, I actually like these a bit more than that particular floyd, it just "feels" more solid. I just think the Kahler Steelers are a better unit than the floyds. You can also have the option of the autolatch system with these as well.

Henrik, trust me, I know slow, I'm still on dial up my friend so if I can download big pics, I'm sure you can!

Seriously, I've tried doing that and I can only seem to make the pictures smaller, not just the file size. I guess I'm lucky I can do as much as I can at the moment.....

Thanks for the kind words!
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

looks great Dave, what is a Kahler Steeler?
                looks exactly like an Original Floyd in these pictures.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Looks Great!!!!
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
                    looks great Dave, what is a Kahler Steeler?
                    looks exactly like an Original Floyd in these pictures.
                    That's pretty much what a Kahler Steeler is...an OFR copy, but a damn good one, with a hardened baseplate like the original.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Very nice! I like the ebonized fingerboard! Did you mask the inlays when ebonizing? Does the stain come off when you play a lot and your hands become sweaty?

Comment

That is one damn nice looking geetar. Love the gold and black!! Not too much of either!! I need to look into getting one of those 750xl's myself I think!! Good Job!

Comment

Awesome Dave!
                          I really like the look of covered pickups as well.

But it looks like the lock-screws on the Kahler are overshooting the pull-up route though?

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
                            Henrik, trust me, I know slow, I'm still on dial up my friend so if I can download big pics, I'm sure you can!
                            Absolutely no problem, Dave. Actually, i dig when your great pictures loads very slowly from top to buttom and i can sit and drool while the guitar reveals itself. Just like CHRISTMAS! I'm the kind of guy that unwraps REAL slow
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Huge improvement Dave!
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X