No announcement yet.

750XL Updated Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks great Dave, what is a Kahler Steeler?
    looks exactly like an Original Floyd in these pictures.
    Yep, as "metal" said, they are a copy and it's my opinion that these are nicer than the floyd. I just like the feel and the construction better and also the fact that you can add the "auto latch" system which locks the trem in place with a turn of the bar to turn it into a hardtail.

Very nice! I like the ebonized fingerboard! Did you mask the inlays when ebonizing? Does the stain come off when you play a lot and your hands become sweaty?
    Thanks! No, I didn't mask off the inlays as it's real MOP and they didn't have any defects in them to suck up the stain. As for the binding, it's easy to just run a razor blade along the edge and rescrape as they did at the factory. It does not rub off, it's fingerboard stain from stew mac, Feibings is the brand, I believe.

Awesome Dave!
    I really like the look of covered pickups as well.

But it looks like the lock-screws on the Kahler are overshooting the pull-up route though?
    Thanks! always the "eagle eye" aren't you 'bane?!?! lol! Yes, they do hang over but I have the trem blocked, so no worries.

Henrik, thanks again, my friend, by the way, what photo program do you use?

Thanks as always, Mark!!!
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Photoshop CS2. It has a "save for web" function for the in-experienced where you can twist the settings to lower the byte size without too much distortion. Get it.

And i don't wanna hear how much it costs. It's completely irrelevant

I bet you could find a freeware or shareware program that could cut your pictures in size too.

But once you get a feel for Photoshop and its possibilities there's no turning back.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
        I bet you could find a freeware or shareware program that could cut your pictures in size too.
        This is an awesome little image viewer, that is freeware. It can edit pictures to some extents (resize, crop, balance colors, diminish file size, etc.):

IrfanView

It's easy to use and very compact. The only times it has been giving me problems, is when it attempts to load certain video files. So you may want to avoid doing that.

Comment

Thanks, guys, but I have a question for you. I have Adobe Photodeluxe and it has an option that you click for "save to web" but that doesn't seem to make it smaller at all? Is it possible I'm just not doing it properly?
          Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
            Is it possible I'm just not doing it properly?
            Yes, absolutely.
            Henrik

Comment

Henrik

Comment

nice......ok, I'm an idiot but not THAT much of one! lol! It's just a button and that's it! If it was mechanical, I'd say it was broken because it doesn't do anything!
                Dave ->

Comment

bane is right. Irfanview is freeware and the best there is.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

I can't guarantee you it does what you want, but try it out.
                  (oops, i didn't see bane had a link for ya, sorry!)
                  Last edited by jackson1; 04-27-2006, 05:14 PM.
                  Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                    bane is right. Irfanview is freeware and the best there is.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

I can't guarantee you it does what you want, but try it out.
                    (oops, i didn't see bane had a link for ya, sorry!)
                    trying out as we speak....
                    Dave ->

Comment

It has a quality slider when you save an image as .jpg

That'll do the job. You just have to test it to see how much compression you will allow.
                      Henrik

Comment

ok, another question, is there a rule of thumb of percentage that you can cut the pic down without losing a lot of detail?
                        Dave ->

Comment

I'm inclined not to answer that, but i wouldn't go under 60-70. You have to try it out and compare.

When dealing with jpeg's there's no single answer, hence my "inclinement". Sometimes you can go low, other times you can't. Pics of nature (lots of round contours) can often be squashed. Pics with sharp diagonal lines won't look good when squashed.
                          Henrik

Comment

Hey i'll overtake Ron and Joe's posts counts if i keep this up!!!
                            Henrik

Comment

ok, understood, thanks for that. It looks like with the newer pics above, I wouldn't want to go anywhere under 50. It's a cool program but unfortunately it doesn't do multiple images at once. Thanks again to you 2 for the help!
                              Dave ->

Comment

actually, you CAN do a batch conversion! ok, I'll shut up now,,,,
                                Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                                X