What year is this charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is this charvel

These are the only two pictures I have of it,but I was wanting to know what year this Charvel import came out,it was intended for the Japanese market.

Early '90's?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

wow man that is a nice guitar fett!! beautiful colour

Comment

It's not mine. But, mine is the same color. That trans-purple is really nice in person. I wish mine had a strathead instead of the Ibanez style.
        Last edited by fett; 05-13-2006, 02:07 PM.

Comment

that sure is a beauty!
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

it is just me, or does that import neck plate not match that strat head 3/3 logo headstock?

looks like somebody may have "created" a Charvel logoed strat head to go on that import body?

educate me if I'm incorrect here.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

yeah i noticed that too...i didn't think they were even using strathead necks in the 90s

Comment

I had an import strathead I sold to fritzreiser, it had that plate, and that logo.I think it's one of those made for the Japanese market early 90's that we don't see many of.
                Last edited by jacksonaxes; 05-14-2006, 12:00 PM.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Yeah, the neck looks like forgery. It's hard to tell from the 12th fret dots because of the angle, but it doesn't have the skunk stripe either, so...
                  The question is whether it's a Charvel at all - well, aside from the neck plate.

Awesome looker though! Beautiful finish!

Edit: Oh, there were stratheads for the japanese market? That opens entirely other possibilities.

Comment

the thing is if its a parts guitar why would the maker go to the tropuble of using the bog standard jackson pickups?

Comment

It's real, right down to the gold hardware and the Jackson pups. Mine doesn't have a stripe either and I missing the string bar, but the holes are there. The neckplate will just say "Charvel" with a stamped serial number.

Comment

That is fucking sweet. I love trans purple. The strathead just makes it even better.
                        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Early CX series???????

Comment

I'm gonna guess that guitar is the first one listed here:

http://www.geocities.com/yoshiguitars/index.html

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                              X