Model 3 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 info

Hi there. I've just gotten my hands on a Strat-style Charvel body with "Model 3" stamped in the neck pocket. Therefore I am inclined to believe, well, that it's a Model 3 indeed. It has a H-S-S layout and a pickguard, and also the Kahler "Traditional" tremolo which, incidentally, nobody seems to like.

I want to get a true-to-original neck for this body. Are the various numbered model guitars (assuming I omit any 24-fret models as this one's neck pocket is cut for a 22-fret neck) fit well? Are there any differences in the necks on, for example, Model 2, Model 3, etc? I presume that they are all interchangeable. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Re: Model 3 info

Correct, the model 2, 3, and 4 necks are interchangable.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I just bought a Model 2 neck with a "buy it now" which I was hesitant to do without some input from the folks here. Thanks!

Comment

Not a problem at all... I've switched a few necks around on some of my guitars and in some ways made new models. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I took maple fretboarded neck from a Model 4M (which does exist) and created a Model 2M (which does not exist). When a Model 3A came with a broken headstock, I replaced it with another maple fretboarded neck and created a Model 3AM...

Good stuff Maynard!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky, I have a model 2 with a model 4 shark neck on it and I think its the sweetest thing since sugar! What model would it be now???
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I'd say you have a Model 2S, very cool, very rare.
            [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
              X