No announcement yet.

Check out this time machine I found!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this time machine I found!!!

This guitar is so freakin' clean. It even has some lacquer overspray left on some of the frets. I don't think this guitar was ever played, there is not a scratch on it, not a mark. The knobs and 5 way feel brand new. The white Jackson is still on all the pickup covers. I hate to even play it as I'm afraid I'll bump it.

http://home.austin.rr.com/thedurbins...harvel%201.jpg
    http://home.austin.rr.com/thedurbins...harvel%202.jpg
    http://home.austin.rr.com/thedurbins...harvel%203.jpg

So now, what model is this? I got it all cleaned up and forgot to pull the neck (I'll do it next string change). It's a Model 3?

Re: Check out this time machine I found!!!

Sweeet score on that guitar!! I do not know the
    model though but am sure someone else will.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Wow!!! That's nice.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I believe thats a model 3M, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one with the vintage trem yet. Very nice score [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

whooooo!!! Nice score!

the vintage trem suggest one of the Model 1s, but I'm not sure which. The regular Model 1 has v-trem & single hum. The 1A has 3 single coils on a scratch plate. Maybe a Model 1C?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Model 1C it is.. Wow, i've never seen one!!!

Maple fretboard and v-trem are always dead giveaways for a Model 1 of some sort...
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Wow, a model 1c, I thought I knew my model series guitars. This one really blew me away when I saw, I had to have it. I can't describe how pristine this thing is.

I forgot to mention that it came with the warranty card, the trem bar, and the original plastic hardware bag.

Comment

Oh boy, oh boy! Another chance to show off my 1C : )

Mine's not anywhere as minty as yours though...it's been thoroughly played. But it still feels and sounds great!

I saw a blue one like yours on Ebay back around Christmas. The guy was selling it along with a cheapo Crate practice amp. I made a decent offer on the guitar only because I didn't want to pay for shipping on the amp, but he just simply would not sell them separately...so it got away from me.

Comment

Wow, it's a called a Model 1C eh? Always learning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Very nice giutars!!

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Evolver,

VERY nice 1C! I've got an identical one arriving on Wed. Are those real or stacked single coils?
                  "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I found this blue one sitting in a pawn shop in Dallas. It was hanging on the wall behind the counter, and the guy was kind of a jerk in my opinion, so I didn't bother. A few months later I went back in and it was still there. A much nicer person was working that day so I checked it out. I really wanted it but they wouldn't budge on the price. I let it sit a few more months, luckily it was still there and they wanted to sell it.

I had a Model 2, same color - Electric Blue. But I sold it back in March. Now I wish I still had it. They would have looked cool next to each other.

Comment

SweetPete - they are true singles. The same single-coil pickups that are on the Model 1A. They sound great...much better than import pickups sound today.

[ August 10, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Evolver ]

Comment

That is a nice time machine.. now you'll have to buy another as a "player" just so you can preserve it. With hang tags too.. someday, you never know, in that condition.. it could be a collectable.

Comment

The 1a single coils are very sweet sounding pickups.Some of my friends are die hard strat fans(fender)I let them play my 1a and they thought it sounded a lot cleaner and quieter than their 900.00 fenders.Got major kudos that day as well as turning some guys on to charvels.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That is a nice time machine.. now you'll have to buy another as a "player" just so you can preserve it. With hang tags too.. someday, you never know, in that condition.. it could be a collectable.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Someday hell....it's a collectable instrument right now.
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Jackson J100S single coils...

I'd say it's a pretty scarce model. Very much like the Model 8.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X