No announcement yet.

Check out this time machine I found!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check out this time machine I found!!!

Evolver

I also have one identical too that one. man with a SD distortion that thing rips!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is a nice time machine.. now you'll have to buy another as a "player" just so you can preserve it. With hang tags too.. someday, you never know, in that condition.. it could be a collectable.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Someday hell....it's a collectable instrument right now. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not to start an argument, but we've had this discussion before about the collectability of MIJ model series. Becoming a collectible is relative outside of the individual select group. Granted it has to start somewhere, but will that demand become greater to the point of pushing the value up over it’s retail list? (which would be a certain sign of a collectible) Do guitarists or collectors as a whole consider a model series guitar collectable? Is collectability based on value now as opposed to original retail price?
      or is it based upon the fact that they're just solidly made good players that can be had for cheap? (and such won't be the case forever but I do not think the trading among ourselves is going to jack up the price of a model 1 over 500.00)

I would say there is a *margin* of collectable value in the model series, some more than others, especially in this condition with tags.

That also could be later effected by other variables. Like exposure by an artist who becomes a big name (household) who would play these as a mainstay. Bottom line is you don't know where the market is going to go, you can be assured that guitars like this will become increasingly harder to find over the years, but whether there is a great demand for them, that is another story, because taste is an individual matter and not everyone’s is going to be the same. A basic Optek fretlight FG-200 was fetching a solid 250.00-300.00 in '98 -99 after the company folded in '95-96, and they were readily available prior to 2000. Now they go for a solid 400.00-500.00, almost the retail value. They're in demand to the point that the company has made a comeback and is starting a new line.

I personally think most MIJ guitars on the whole (not just Charvel/Jackson) will be sought after over the mass produced Korean..but given the increasingly volatile climate of the Asian region.. that may change.

In that case, guitars won't matter..because everybody will be more concerned with clean water and food something we have plenty of in this country and we take seriously for granted.

Plus Korean guitars have the power of availability and endorsement, they get used by popular bands.. to sell more Korean guitars to awaiting newbies.

I also would define collectability by the demand becomes so great, that reissues would be made by the manufacturer.. as was the San Dimas series.

We can have this discussion again in 10-20 years and compare notes.

How to define collactability

[ August 12, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Actually, it looks like it's heading to becoming a more consistant 500.00-600.00 now.

Fretlight

[ August 12, 2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Back to the Charvel Model 1C's...here's mine.
          i8guitar's charvel model 1c

[ August 22, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: i8guitar ]

Comment

Here's my opinion about the collectability of the model series. When they are old enough, they'll be collectable. "Collectable" has more to do with age and condition than it does with the particular item. If that item was highly sought after or rare then the value further increases. The model series are very high quality and very popular, they're just still too young and there's too many of them out there, but every day another one gets thrashed. I think in another 10 years a nice one could easily bring what it originally sold for if not more. Not an argument, just an opinion. That's what this place is for isn't it?
            [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Evolver,

Are you sure they're true single-coils? I gotta ask because they're dead quiet - where's the standard single-coil 60 cycle hum?
              "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
              X