Greatest Charvel guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Charvel guitar?

Which Charvel guitar do you guysthink has the nicest neck? Model 4?? I want a Charvel guitar with a good floyd and a neck thats not so wide and is pretty thin. Which guitar do you prefer?? What tremolo does the mod4 have by the way? JT590? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 11, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: RandyRh ]

Re: Greatest Charvel guitar?

I like the Model necks the best.. but you might like the toothpastes.. they are a bit slimmer in most cases.

The Model 4 has the JT6 trem.

Comment

I just picked-up a 475-Deluxe and I really love it. The fretboard radius is wide even though its a bound neck (my e-string doesn't fall off the fretboard).

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I absolutely love the neck on my 650XL. Although, it is rather thick. Definitely one of the best necks I've ever played.

Comment

I have a model 6, love the neck as well. I don't like the wizard necks of ibanez, I have an ibanez with an viper neck, the JPM, and that is somewhat thicker and plays way better and the one on the charvel is somewhat thicker, love it!

harrald

Comment

Every Charvel import that i have gotten to sit down and play on has showed me that ALL the different necks and there profiles seem great. I played on this Model 3 at a GC and although the action was high, that thing could play! Same goes for the toothpaste logo models (which play just as good as a soloist); they play wonderfully. If your not looking to put alot into a guitar, then go with the Model 4 which you seem interested in. They are great playing and realable guitars for the money. Or, if your willing to dish out some more for a toothpaste logo (which i think play/feel alittle better), then go for it! Just remember that if you treat these kind of guitars well, they'll never die!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I was used to playing an HM strat for years before I got my model 4. The Fender neck is a little wider, and quite a bit thinner. The Model 4 neck is great too-definitely very playable, and sometime a little easier because I have pretty big hands. By the way, my model 4 has a Kahler trem. It was a little weird to get used to that too. It is much different than a Floyd, and finding parts if you need them is either nearly impossible or very expensive. Although it isn't perfect, it is the best $175 guitar i have ever played!

Comment

Well, I know its all a matter of personal taste, but...I disagree with the toothpaste logo'd models playing better than the old "model" series. You can't beat a model 1, 2, 3, or 4 neck feel. BTW I have a minty 275 neck if anyone wants it! Make me an offer.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I love my '86 Model 6! The neck is not as thin as later Charvels but quite thin enough, and I feel, more stable. Plays
                  like a dream to me!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Model 5(think the same as Model 6).
                    Had great neck.
                    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The model 6's necks vary from year to year I have an 87 that is dead on soloist.I had an 86 that was thinner it played great also but I had a model 5a that had a real chunky c shaped neck that played like a boat oar but it had tone out the wazoo a very dark tone with the j95 pickup.The 90's toothpaste logo guitars have some of the best playing necks but the hardware seemed to lack in quality the pickups were cheezy sounding.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I really like the necks on my Model 2s. The profile is perfect for me. I've always stated that even in it's simplicity, the Model 2 is just an overall excellent guitar!!!
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Model 1M without a doubt. Mine had a single hum, with standard trem, which was quickly converted to a floyd. I really loved that guitar. The neck found a untimely demise,and I still have the body, which has been pretty much beat to sh*t. I routed out a hand access point under the back side of the bridge so that I can grab the trem and pretty much strangle it. It's kinda a extreme route, but still pretty cool. I had Vivian Campbell sign it back around 1988.
                          1990 Jackson Professional
                          1992 Dean ML
                          2004 Epiphone Flying V
                          2005 Epiphone Dot
                          2009 Fender Stratocaster
                          2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                          2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                          2006 Fender P Bass
                          2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                          1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                          1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                          Custom Pedalboard