model 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 88

what are these guitars going for now?I have one in my grasp for under $200 and in good condition.I haven't got to see it yet it is in boston and is being shipped down so I can check it out
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

I got 2 of them in the past.. I believe 450 & 300 paid, so I would say an excellent deal in the making!

Comment

A Jackson USA for $200! Incredible.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

He's talking about the Charvel Model 88, not the Jackson '88 LTD. Still a killer deal at $200 if it's in good shape!

Comment

dg, you're right, i read it as 88 LTD. Man, my brain
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I will say it again and again. If you can buy a J/C guitar that you are sure is in good shape for $300 or less, JUST BUY IT!!!!! Particularlly, if it's 80's or 90's
            Last edited by fett; 05-21-2006, 05:12 PM.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

yep,I hope his thing is in good shape.I believe it should be here wed.I have been trying to gret another usa soloist but can't seem to find what I want.I am looking for a san dimas model.the only guitar I have kept over the years is my model 6 I'm just a kahler type of a guy...

Comment

Is that the one that was in Daddys Junky music for 200$?? The neck had too much relief but other than that it was very nice I was thinking of buying it but that kahler? string lock design just seems bad, I personally would budget $$$ to get a regular floyd nut put in, but apparently some people here (and eslewhere) are fine with that design.
                Last edited by tanpsi; 05-21-2006, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I had one back in the day (#121) - it was a great player !

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi
                    Is that the one that was in Daddys Junky music for 200$?? The neck had too much relief but other than that it was very nice I was thinking of buying it but that kahler? string lock design just seems bad, I personally would budget $$$ to get a regular floyd nut put in, but apparently some people here (and eslewhere) are fine with that design.
                    that's the one.is it legit?they have a habbit of using the wrong model number.i imagine the neck should be able to be adjusted corectly by someone who knows what they are doing.(I have never did a trus adjustment and don't plan on trying..LOL

Comment

The nut is fine, and any 88 in decent shape for two billls is a steal!
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yes Daddys sometimes mixes up the models, but the one in Daddys boston was a real model 88, it was definitly nice. Daddys prices for used charvels seem lower than ebay, so I look once a week, what I'm really after is a model 2!!!! but I was close to buying that one haha!

I know a lot of people have used that style locking nut (or string lock because it's behind the nut) and are happy with it.

Comment

yes the nut never bothered me.(no pun intended...LOL)my model 6 has a kahler and it works fine for me...I picked up a furman pq3 from daddy's for like 50 bucks.I see them go on ebay for over 200 alot.I was going to sell it on the bay but it just sounded like ass so I think it was fucked up so I just returned it...

Comment

well I got the 88 the thing feels close to awsome.I gave it a rough set it up and tried it out at practice tonight"pretty good" I will tweek it in the morning a bit more.The stock Jackson PU needs to go.I think I am going to try an EMG 85.I haven't ran EMG's in years and this is chance to try them with my ENGL

Comment

Did the model 88 come with a kahler? I thought it was a jt6. Or are you guys just talking about the string lock.

Comment

Working...
                              X