Got me a situation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a situation...

Ok, I have a Charvel Model 3 with the licienced FRose on it and my problem is this -- the locking nut sucks sour frog butt. Is there a better replcement out there for this backwards acting nut? The strings (esp. the B and E) get caught in the threads of the locking screw.

Then again, if I replace it -- it will no longer be completely original like it is now -- any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

D>

Re: Got me a situation...

Well, if your name is Richard, technically you are a Dick -- LOL, jk.

Really though, it's not so much a problem as it is a bother. I've done more looking today and all of the pics I run across are the same as mine. Probably something that I should just learn to live with (which I have) and not concern myself with anymore.

I know what you mean about the winding, but that was never and issue. Thanks for your reply.

D>

Comment

Boy was I asking for that one. kudos!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Like you said a bother not a problem.OK seems like everything is under control here.I'll go back to being a dick I mean a richard.THANKS!!
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hello first off a pic of your problem would help.The small e string should not be a problem because it should be to the right of the locking screw.The b string is close to the threads but should not make contact.Maybe someone put coarse threaded locking screws in place of the fine threaded screws it should have.Check to make sure the locking screws are not to long.I'm assuming you have the stock after the nut locking device.Also(not being a dick but I will mention it anyway)I have seen some come in with the strings wound backwards on the tuners and this will cause the problem you are discribing.Hope this helps.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X