Please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me!

PLEASE tell me how good the model series guitars are so that I can buy one. I've been looking at this sweet model4, and I want it. But somewhere in my head there's a voice telling me I don't need it.

Please help me convince the voice in my head that I need it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That is all!

Thoraby

Re: Please help me!

What other guitars do you have, then I'll tell you if you need it. Crap! I'm starting to sound like my wife! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I got a Jackson LTD ed 88, a Fender strat, and the third one doesn't count, because it's made of plywood [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You need it! You need it! You need it! You need it!

[ September 05, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

Uhhhh.....what John said [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

More opinions please! If there's 5 more people telling me I need it until tommorow, I'll buy it and post pics! LOTS of pics!

OMFG I almost forgot! I have a Schaller trem with perfect knife edges sitting in a drawer! Byebye crappy JT-6!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it! There that's 5. Pretend it's 5 different posts. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I say if its over $200.00 buy it! If its under $200.00 let me know where it is and I'll buy it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

As long as your getting a good deal, then go for it! They are killer guitars! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

411$ is the price! I think not, seller!

Besides, you guys failed to meet my requirements!
                    You're all fired [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Send the crappy JT 6 to me I will give it a good home
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Other than just the pleasure of owning another guitar, what use would you have for it? Having owned a Jackson LTD '88 myself, I would say that a Model 4, while a very nice guitar, covers much of the same territory as the '88, but not as well. I think you'd find that the Model 4 won't play or sound quite as nice as the '88, which is (IMHO) Jackson's alltime greatest bolt-on guitar.

If you were looking at a Model 3A, with the neck humbucker, that might be different, since the neck pickup is the weakest part of the LTD '88, in my opinion.

Right now, I've pared my collection back to a Model 5 and a Carvin DC145. The Model 5 I've modified with EMG-81's and a Kahler APM3310 fixed bridge, and it's tuned down to C#. The Carvin is my Floyd Rose guitar and I've got it tuned to Eb. So they have different functions in my writing and recording--in addition to both being cool guitars! But if I only had use for one guitar, I'd probably sell the Carvin and upgrade other gear. I almost did sell the Carvin awhile back, but I'm glad I didn't, as it has a great neck and it stays in tune with the Floyd very well compared to other Floyded guitars I've had.

Comment

Why do you need more of us to post our thoughts to talk you into it? Look through this section, there's nothing but praise for the Model series guitars. Hell, I personally own 5 myself.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey I was looking at your infrormation about you an you were born in 1988. Why worry and buy it at 15 what else should you spend your money on. $411 seems high for here in the USA I really don't know about Sweden.

Comment

Thoraby, if you do buy another guitar... don't try to mod it yourself like you did the LTD '88. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X