model 4 body wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 4 body wood?

Quick question-what is my model 4 made of? It is an 86 with the kahler trem if that makes any difference. Thanks! We need the mother of all pages back for this kind of stuff so I don't feel like such an idiot!

Re: model 4 body wood?

I believe the bolt-on Model series are basswood, the neck-thrus are poplar.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

gracias senor. I was reading in the other section about how people thought Basswood was crappy, and both mine are basswood and I love them. Of course I dont really have much to compare them too since I am afraid to break the expensive guitars at the store! ha ha.

Comment

No problem. If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. I don't really care for the sound of my basswood Ibanez compared to my other guitars made of alder, poplar or mahogany, but it's okay.
        Now go play some expensive guitars at the store... if you break them, blame it on some young little punk kids! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          No problem. If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. I don't really care for the sound of my basswood Ibanez compared to my other guitars
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it might have to do with the size of the body. I love the sound of my basswood Model 3/4's but I dont like the sound of the Dinky size tothpaste Charvels as much.

I also played a basswood body with a maple top Anderson and that thing sounded freaking great!

Comment

All of the model series strat bolt-ons were basswood. I'm not sure about the dinky models though, they seem lighter to me. Could be just because they're a little smaller.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I thought the Dinky models were poplar or alder and that they stopped using basswood back then. I thought I read that somewhere once, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

My old 3DR had a Basswood body if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                X