Any chance for new imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance for new imports?

I know this has been discussed before (it has to have been), but I can't find a thread ... so ...

Is there any chance the old model series will be put back into production in the Japanese plant?
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

I think they should create the new model series, pointy headstocks and all. Then introduce the new USA san dimas guitars with stratheads. That would make everyone happy. I think they would win on both counts.

Comment

Yes they should, look how well the model series still sells used. My imports have been better quality than the last 3 USA Jacksons I've bought.
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

it seems so much of a no-brainer, wonder why they haven't jumped at this by now?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

defo..the model series seems to be getting very hard to find atm...my guess is they've mostly been bought up...thank god i already have my 86model4

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-20-2007, 12:45 AM.
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Is the Chushin factory that made them still around?

Comment

AFAIK, the same factory is still making all those import Jacksons.

Comment

Man, how cool would it be to be able to buy a new Model 2? I think I'd be in.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                    Man, how cool would it be to be able to buy a new Model 2? I think I'd be in.

+1
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Come on, people at Jackson!
                      You know what we want, now let marketing do its part...

Comment

I would be interested in a 750XL reissue.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-20-2007, 12:46 AM.
                          Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthier
                            Is the Chushin factory that made them still around?
                            Yes, it's the same factory that has been putting out all the good MIJ stuff since 1986. I got to speak with Yuji Miyazawa, the president, at NAMM this year...really nice guy

See also

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55210
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like the model series because of the full size bodies, I dwarf these dinky bodies.
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                              X