Any chance for new imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StukaJU87
    Man, how cool would it be to be able to buy a new Model 2? I think I'd be in.
    They'd better get a Model 2M this time, or else I'd have to try to buy a Model 2 and Model 4M or Model 1 to swap necks...

Only now it's reasonable to do with a used Model series pricewise, as new ones will be quite expensive.

Comment

How much would you guys be willing to spend?That is what is gonna determine if it will doable? I would love to buy a new Model 2...........
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I meant "will be doable"....Too much beer.........

Comment

After a ton of beer a lot of things become "doable".

Comment

Amen!.........

Comment

Not only the body was different on the model series, they had the blocky heel instead of the more tapered heel of the Jacksons and non-recessed trems on some. They just have their own mojo going different form Jackson. I would love a Model 2 with the maple board and real Floyd. Jack.

Comment

Yeah, I like the full size strat body, non recessed trem, and I like the neck profile, so I pretty much like everything about the model series. But new ones are gonna cost a lot more than used ones. What would you be willing to pay for something that youre probably gonna replace the pups and possibly the trem on anyway? I dont know what kind of trem they would put on a mass production import. certainly not a real floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
                  I would love a Model 2 with the maple board and real Floyd. Jack.
                  SGplayer's got a maple boarded Model 2 with a JT-6:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55435

Just two days ago I put together a Model 3A body with a maple board/Floyd nut Charvel neck and slapped an OFR on it.

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                  X