Is it a Schaller or a licensed?
    Serial: 281594
    http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=941b1xq.jpg

The trem is a Jackson JT-6
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
      The trem is a Jackson JT-6
      Yup, JT-6. I had one on my model 6 and it worked fine. I just hated the fine tuners. When I had the guitar refinished, I had a Schaller installed.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Looks like a 87 model 4 with again Jt-6 floyd type tremolo. These pics are from a 1987 Charvel catalog.

Comment

that's weird, to me, not a locking nut. string lock behind nut. my mod 4 wasn't like that.

Comment

It could also be an 88. The Kahler was used in 86 only and the JT-6 was used in 87-88. For 89 they did the update to the toothpaste logo and Schaller trem, renamed it the 650xl.

Comment

Actually, the 650xl was a neckthru, replacement for the model 6. What was the model 4s replacement, the 475?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff
                What was the model 4s replacement, the 475?
                yup. Effectively. Although the specs changed quite a bit (bound neck, dinky body, blade pickup selector, etc.)
                Hail yesterday

Comment

SGplayer, could you please post the rest of the catalog?

Comment

Maxboost:
                    All non-modified Model series guitars I've seen had the behind-the-nut string lock, just like the catalogue picture. Both the Kahler and the JT-6 versions had that setup. They went to proper locking nuts in 1989, when they revamped the whole line. I would guess then that your Model 4 was either modified, or had the neck swapped - or if it was a late '88, that it was a transitional piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                      Maxboost:
                      All non-modified Model series guitars I've seen had the behind-the-nut string lock, just like the catalogue picture. Both the Kahler and the JT-6 versions had that setup. They went to proper locking nuts in 1989, when they revamped the whole line. I would guess then that your Model 4 was either modified, or had the neck swapped - or if it was a late '88, that it was a transitional piece.
                      Nope. I have a stock '88 Model 6 (fully documented, untouched) w/JT-6 that has the Floyd lock nut and I've seen a couple of others too. Interestingly my other '88 Model 6 (only a few numbers off) has the behind-the-nut setup. They are out there...
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                        Nope. I have a stock '88 Model 6 (fully documented, untouched) w/JT-6 that has the Floyd lock nut and I've seen a couple of others too. Interestingly my other '88 Model 6 (only a few numbers off) has the behind-the-nut setup. They are out there...
                        Then, I'd guess that yours is also a transitional piece, like I suggested above. Note that I never said "THEY DUN EXIST LOLZ". I stated that I had personally never SEEN one coming stock with a locking nut.

Comment

I guess there are alot of transitional pieces unless Charvel 3DRs all have the normal lock nut. I have 2 and they don't have the behind the nut locking nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                            "THEY DUN EXIST LOLZ"
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel
                              I guess there are alot of transitional pieces unless Charvel 3DRs all have the normal lock nut. I have 2 and they don't have the behind the nut locking nut.
                              Yeah, the 3dr that Im getting has the Kahler, floyd-style, locknut from the factory. All my other models have the string lock thing, of course, except for my model 1 which has none. It will be interesting to see if the Kahler locknut can replace the usual nut/stringlock setup without as much modifications as if you used a real floyd nut. I wonder if Kahler still makes them?

Comment

Working...
                              X