Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toothpaste?

Hi there!

I just recently found this message board and it has been great so far, I have got some information about my Model 3 and now I know a bit more about Charvels.

I live in Finland and there's not too much Charvels around and if there is, nobody knows anything about it. So, could you propably help me with this toothpaste-logo thing? When they came out, which models had toothpaste necks and is there something I should know about differences between toothpastes and original logos? Or is it original, but anyway I mean the logo I have in my Charvel M3.

Right now there is a couple of Charvels on sale near where I live, other one is Model 3 from '89 or thereabouts, they are asking something about 450 USD from it and also Fusion Custom from middle 90's which is about 350 USD. How much these beauties cost in your area?

I'm not a professional guitarist but I have tried dozens and dozens of guitars, including all kinds of Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanez, PRS, ESP's and so on, but I haven't found anything that much better than my good old Charvel, that I would chance it and give 1000-2000 USD more. My Charvel might be worth of 300 but it plays like some hand made super guitar...

Re: Toothpaste?

When they came out, which models had toothpaste necks and is there something I should know about differences between toothpastes and original logos? Or is it original, but anyway I mean the logo I have in my Charvel M3.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The guitar logo Charvels were made from 86-88 the pointy head toothpaste logo started in 89 and lasted till 91. (after 91 IMHO Charvels became "just another import guitar" you will see guitar and toothpaste logos)

Bolt on differences:

ToothPastes have, Smaller body (Dinky), recessed neck joint, recessed normal Floyd, thiner neck.

Neck-thru differences:

ToothPastes have a recessed normal Floyd

Toothpaste's also introduced some new models, Fusion, Spectrum, Surfcasters, 750XL, Acoustics etc.

Comment

Thanks!

Propably I will soon be the leading Charvel Expert in Finland a.k.a. Finnish Dwarf!

Comment

quote:
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ToothPastes have, Smaller body (Dinky), recessed neck joint, recessed normal Floyd, thiner neck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All apart from the Model 275 which had a Strat Body and a JT-6 Tremolo to use up the parts left over from the Model Series.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF:
          quote:

All apart from the Model 275 which had a Strat Body and a JT-6 Tremolo to use up the parts left over from the Model Series.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep but that was one year only (89).. and I was too lazy to type it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by -Marko-:

Right now there is a couple of Charvels on sale near where I live, other one is Model 3 from '89 or thereabouts, they are asking something about 450 USD from it and also Fusion Custom from middle 90's which is about 350 USD. How much these beauties cost in your area?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll answer your questions about pricing... In the US, you can find Model 3's for $200-$300. Fusions can be found for $150-350.

I have a few Charvels and other guitars, and right now my Fusion Custom is my favorite. Get one if you can.

You say the Fusion is a mid-90s? Then its probably a Jackson Pro? To my knowledge, Charvel stopped making Fusions in 91.

Comment

Fusion Custom's serial is 355something, does it tell something about a year it was made?

Comment

Steve, i see you have a 1989 Soloist Archtop Custom [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] What are your Specs? I have a 1993 and only 2 were made in 1993, how many were made in 1989? Do you have pics? I can`t post mine on here, but if you can post yours or please email me with pics at: [email protected] Thanks-Jack.

[ September 13, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Originally posted by -Marko-:
                  Fusion Custom's serial is 355something, does it tell something about a year it was made?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If its 355xxx then it's probably an '89. Possibly '90.

If the serial number is more than 6 digits, I have no idea what you've got there.

Comment

Jack, If you click on the link at the bottom, I`ve got a few pictures of my Archtop on my fotopic web site. As regards the specs, I have "modified" it over the years. It now has a Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge position and a pair of STK-1`s in the neck and middle. Also, I`ve replaced the Original Trem Baseplate as the Intonation screws (the older, shorter ones) stripped the thread and wouldn`t lock anymore.Appart from that, it`s a regular Archtop Custom with Floyd, although the Original owner, to save money, bought it without a case!!! Idiot. So there is a little "battle-damage" on the headstock and body!!!! But,she still ROCKS!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/show...n.php?id=49362

Comment

Working...
                    X