Journeyman year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journeyman year?

I just picked up an immaculate Journeyman for $375. I'm trying to id the year. It's the blue metallic with a serial number of 02040086 appearing on the neck bolt plate. What a great guitar. Anybody know what Duncan is in there? Thanks.
    Fender 52 Telecaster ri
    Charvel Journeyman
    81 Ibanez Iceman

That guitar has a JB in her.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

2001-2002????

Comment

thanks guys. this has to be one of the nicest guitars I have ever seen for under $400.
        Fender 52 Telecaster ri
        Charvel Journeyman
        81 Ibanez Iceman

Comment

Originally posted by slash
          2001-2002????
          2002 - 2004
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky
            2002 - 2004
            Thanks, I knew I was close but not exact

Comment

I know where one is mahogony body quilt maple top two Duncan dual rails and a Duncan Hum.JT 580LP.The dealer came down to his rock bottom of $700.00.I had to pass It is mint and has been hanging on the wall since 2002 but $700.00 is too much.Great guitar tho'.Retail was $1500 when new.Come to think of it this may be a model A + I don't know.
              Last edited by straycat; 06-03-2006, 05:01 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                I know where one is mahogony body quilt maple top two Duncan dual rails and a Duncan Hum.JT 580LP.The dealer came down to his rock bottom of $700.00.I had to pass It is mint and has been hanging on the wall since 2002 but $700.00 is too much.Great guitar tho'.Retail was $1500 when new.Come to think of it this may be a model A + I don't know.
                Yep.... That's a Model A Plus.

Comment

Thanks slash,you think $700 is a bit steep?Maybe I'm wrong but I might go $400.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

they are under- rated guitars..all the MIJ line that were made in the early part of this century(hows that for making them sound old).

I got my son a A+ Pro model when they were clearing them out at AMS for $358 with no case. So for about $00 with a no name case my son had a quality guitar for his early shreading days.

I liked it so much I kept my eyes open on e-bay and finally got a traditional model (pretty much the same as the A+ model except 22 fret neck) for a crazy $238 shipped. I figured I'd get a used guiater with some probelms probably needing the trem set up or with some fret buzzing, Pulled it out of the box and brand new with hand tag and paper work.

I'm not sure why these guitars didn't sell, maybe Jackson didn't market them well or something. Maybe it was bad timing with All the kids going with baritone stuff. Maybe it was the over priced $1300-1700 Suggested retail price ( though I've read these guitars typically had a street price of $700-900). But they obviously didn;t sell well and Jackson dumped the line.

I have seen that the price on these models hads been creaping up on the bay in the past year though, so maybe the word is getting out that for under $500 these are very nice guitars.

Comment

Working...
                    X